Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Else Getting This Unnecessary Abuse?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

Never had an issues with the whole poo/pee thing, generally cos ours get walked at night when the place is quite. I get worse than that abuse, I get abuse aimed directly at the dog and she hasn't even done anything.

Example: Postbox is at the top of the estate, said I'd being the Japanese spitz with me, half way to it roaring at the top of his voice (one idiot with a group of his mates, more than likely the yob students we get in the houses here) " What the f*** is that, it's a f***in sheep, the state of it a f***in sheep on a lead ... sheep sheep", carried on & said nothing cos around here if you respond to them they get worse. Coming back again "ahhhh it's the f***in sheep again, I wouldn't be seen dead walking that yoke, the state of it, baaaahhh bahhhh sheep" and then his mates joined in!

I mean what kind of a narrow minded idiot thinks he's funny for shouting abuse at a dog :mad: and there he was thinking he was great cos his mates were laughing so gets worse with the swearing and abuse. Absolutely no respect for pets around here, I've had logs (2ft long branches the thicker than my two arms together) thrown at the dogs, footballs kicked at them & bloody pellet guns fired at them and that was all when they were in the back garden. The garden is confined within a 6ft wall and side gate at the house, yet they still find the need to harrass the dogs!! Yes the main brat for the garden incidents got several earfuls, at the time he was 17, so his mother followed up our complaints with "your the adult, hes only a child, ye should know better"

feel for ya there, yobs are yobs and bully's are bully's the will always find something to shout

I'm actually waiting for my abuse to come, as I have a big (XXXXL) hi viz bomber jacket with "DOG WALKING IN PROGRESS" written on the back in much the same vein as "GARDA" - ;o) not sure if it's the fact i'm 21st and 6'4" or because i have a 90lb GS and 80lb Boxador on the end of my two leads :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

tudlytops wrote: »
    Don't think so, if that were the case i wouldn't need a lawn mower, it would be lovely.:)

Wrong, I'm afraid. It most certainly kills grass. It may only be in some breeds. Petshops sell a herbal pill to conteract it but have never tried them with our dogs.

I can see why people get hyper about Dog fouling. The Pee kills their grass and the Poo is a health hassard as well as being foul smelling.
    Some of our streets are dreadfully dirty from dogs and if it was outside my house I think I'd eventually lose the head too. You can understand how somebody who is plagued with dog fouling would let fly at the next dog walker they see when the dog starts to squat.
    Never been accosted about it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

seamus wrote: »
    The owner of the other two dogs claims that she left the room and came back a few minutes later to find our staffie pinning one of the dogs to the ground. No aggression, growling or biting mind - she had just jumped on the dog and flattened it.

Thats just a dominance thingy. Got that from watching Ceaser Milan:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

It drives me crazy when people start shouting at ya before the dog has even finished! What more can ya do but stand there with the poo bag at the ready???
    Even then they shout "Are you gonna pick that up?" Got so p**sed off one day I replied with "Why? Do you want it? I've loads at home , you're more than welcome to it!!!" Smart a*se!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Might be a controversial topic - but would be it be fair to suggest that it's mainly women who get abused by people who think that a woman isn't going to give abuse back or (or attack you)?

I suspect this with some people. I pointed the man who yelled at me out to my husband a week or so after it happened and he told me he's seen him quite few times in the park but he's never said anything to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

My bitch does a 'squat-cock' and often engages in 'pee-offs' with other dogs around. I don't know how they can keep that much urine in their bladder.
    Saying that - I've never ever been questioned about her droppings. Maybe the locals in Inchicore aren't really that bothered!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

tesslab wrote: »
    It drives me crazy when people start shouting at ya before the dog has even finished! What more can ya do but stand there with the poo bag at the ready???

Hold the bag under the dog's bottom and catch it before it hits the ground.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

lol! if they had their way all dogs would wear nappies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

you goota love irish people, some people might come up to you about picking up dogs poo.
    But they they would turn around and throw a cigarrette butt or rubbish on the footpath, they are both littering in my eyes, so they are really being hypocritical.
    I cant walk 10 feet in most towns without seening some litter on the street, every morning without fail before I leave my estate (50 odd house) walking my dog I can pick up some rubbish and put it in the bin at the top of the road.
    Were really a dirty little nation unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Some people are soooo ignorant!
    Then you have the down right cruel (in relation to the poster whos dogs had logs thrown at them:eek::eek:)

When I was living in NZ(very dog and cat friendly nation from my experiences I might add!) I use to walk the family Golden Retriever about 2 or 3 times a day. Nobody ever got onto me about the pooing on the streets as everybody picked up the dog poo.

Unfortunately that dog had a dodgy stomach and alot of the time it was more liquid poo which is not nice!

When we were living in the country(literally back end of nowhere farming area) we didn't pick up his poo.

Plus he used to always squat like a girl dog when peeing!! He always looked soo embarrassed it was soo cute.

I miss him :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Example: Postbox is at the top of the estate, said I'd being the Japanese spitz with me, half way to it roaring at the top of his voice (one idiot with a group of his mates, more than likely the yob students we get in the houses here) " What the f*** is that, it's a f***in sheep, the state of it a f***in sheep on a lead ... sheep sheep", carried on & said nothing cos around here if you respond to them they get worse. Coming back again "ahhhh it's the f***in sheep again, I wouldn't be seen dead walking that yoke, the state of it, baaaahhh bahhhh sheep" and then his mates joined

Never had abuse quite like that but have been asked a few times by the same kind of idiots when walking my Japanese Spitz "Here missus, where'd ye get your wolf pup" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

Might be a controversial topic - but would be it be fair to suggest that it's mainly women who get abused by people who think that a woman isn't going to give abuse back or (or attack you)?

You are exactly right.

I didn't want to mention it initially, but being young, blonde and female and the fact that its happened twice now makes me think that had I been a 6ft bloke with a Rotweiller neither of these people would have had the audacity to yell at me.

You can understand how somebody who is plagued with dog fouling would let fly at the next dog walker they see when the dog starts to squat.

To be honest I really can't. These people are roaring at me without any proof. Since when is it acceptable to shout something at someone when you haven't even bothered to check if you're right? I always pick up after my dog. Always. They're just preempting and making and unfounded assumption. Its baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

ToniTuddle wrote: »

Plus he used to always squat like a girl dog when peeing!! He always looked soo embarrassed it was soo cute.
    My boy does the same. He has lifted his leg once or twice and I was so excitd the first time he did it I posted here. Then he reverted to peeing like a horse. Leaning forward on his back legs. It's cute. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Have had the shouts before once or twice(also female), had the poop bag in my hand at the time. Have also been laughed at for picking it up, probably at least once a week. But then most dogs round here are just let out on their own all day, to sh*t where they like.
    My boy only cocks his leg when theres another dog around(being macho i guess), otherwise its the puppy pee or lifts one foot about 2 inches up and out. Very funny to see, he was 10 months or more before he cocked his leg.
    The little one pees more than he does and stops at every stick or stone. Have no idea where she keeps it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

My boy does the same. He has lifted his leg once or twice and I was so excitd the first time he did it I posted here. Then he reverted to peeing like a horse. Leaning forward on his back legs. It's cute. :)

That's exactly what my youngest (he's 3!) does. He was neutered young, so it was never very likely that he'd cock his leg. Then we got an older male from a rescue, who did cock. Hector did it once, the day after the older male arrived, but ever since then, the older male has done the lean. He only ever cocks now if my bitch is weeing at the same time, and then he cocks his leg on her, the fecker. I think it's his one way of getting one up on her, cause she bosses him around something awful, despite the fact that he's 10 kilos heavier than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

:D isn't it great how they entertain us even in the way they pee. LOL at him lifting his leg on your bitch.

I have never gotten any abuse about my dog going to the toilet. I suppose I'm lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Murphy did lift his leg up once when I was walking him. I couldn't believe it! When we got back to the house told the bosses and they all made a fuss of him saying "oh your becoming a proper lad now!" ha
    After that though he never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cianer

tesslab wrote: »
    It drives me crazy when people start shouting at ya before the dog has even finished!

Me too! My mother was minding my dog for me, took her to the beach where the dog started to assume the position. My mam went to get the bags and walk over to wait to collect the deposit when a woman barrelled over and started yelling at her to pick it up. My mam got so cross at this that she pointed out the dog hadnt finished and would the woman like her to tie a poo bag over the dog's a*se for the entire walk?!!! Woman slunk back to her own spot muttering to herself! Go Mammy!!!

I also have 2 bitches who cock legs and a male dog who at 3 years old never bothered learning to cock his and still squats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wonderful lady your mam!!!

:D
    cianer wrote: »
    Me too! My mother was minding my dog for me, took her to the beach where the dog started to assume the position. My mam went to get the bags and walk over to wait to collect the deposit when a woman barrelled over and started yelling at her to pick it up. My mam got so cross at this that she pointed out the dog hadnt finished and would the woman like her to tie a poo bag over the dog's a*se for the entire walk?!!! Woman slunk back to her own spot muttering to herself! Go Mammy!!!

I also have 2 bitches who cock legs and a male dog who at 3 years old never bothered learning to cock his and still squats!!

Advertisement