Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oxegen sound reinforcement?

• 16-12-2009 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi guys does anyone know who provides the sound reinforcement for Oxegen/electric picnic etc?

have been trying to find out but im at a loose end!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 acoustix

Why do you want to know this information?

Will you be performing at any of these festivals in the coming year? If so, the people who booked you will handle all of that information, and hand it on to the appropriate companies. Different companies will work at different festivals, even on different stages inside one festival. Or one company may have the contract to provide sound systems for more than one stage at a festival.

For what it's worth, I do some sound engineering work at these types of festivals (the ones mentioned).

'coustix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭noodle650

wasnt a very helpful reply mate, all i wanted to know was if anyone knew who would mainly be providing sound reinforcement for the festival! im fully aware that there will be more than one company present, but i was just asking if anyone knew which one(s) would be present!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 acoustix

if you need to ask....

most likely Litton Lane Audio Hire, MG Audio, Murt Whelan Sound, EQ Audio, Nolan Sound, - all of the usual big sound hire companies in the country get work at these big festivals.

'coustix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭noodle650

acoustix wrote: »
    if you need to ask....

most likely Litton Lane Audio Hire, MG Audio, Murt Whelan Sound, EQ Audio, Nolan Sound, - all of the usual big sound hire companies in the country get work at these big festivals.

'coustix
    ok, Thanks mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 greenbart

The company providing the sound for the main stage in oxegen were clair bros sound hire from switzerland you'll find them if you search clair global. SSE audio group provided the sound for the vodafone stage. Production house in belfast provided the sound for the heineken tent. litton lane provided the sound for the 2fm tent and possible got some of their equipment from capital sound hire in london. dont know bout the other smaller tents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 greasemonkeyd4

I know this is a tad late but can anybody tell me the companies that supply the blue tents to oxegen such as 2FM Hotpress and The Heineken Green Spheres.I came across a company in the uk called Kayam who do the blue tents but they stopped doing oxegen years back.was wondering could somebody tell me the tents that they use up to date?Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭BlueValkyrie

Not sure if this is out of date, but Mobile Stadiums from the UK were the main tent company for a long time, and did all of the big events here.

Ah it cool no worries,Thanks for that do you know any other company that does those tents besides them?

Thank you so much,if you dont mind me asking how did you know about these companies,iv been searching for months on google etc and havnt found this site,iv come across kayam and other but the ajbigtophire is the one i was looking for,you work for mcd?

• Advertisement

I do work in events, but not with MCD, or with any of the big music festivals. I knew the company was called something along those lines, and googled for 'big top rental', on a UK only search. Hope it helped.

Ok Im the same I work for subcontractor for music festival here and uk.thanks a mill :)

Advertisement