Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a complaint to Argos....

Options
  • 16-12-2009 9:07pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got a voucher with my iPod Touch which, when I got home, I found I can't use since I live in Ireland. It's a UK only coupon for 3 episodes of BBC shows. I want to complain and ask why the flying **** they are giving away these things in Ireland when they are absolutly useless.

Anyone know the email address or someway of contacting them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Did they personally give you the voucher or was it just enclosed with the Ipod.

At the end of the day a lot of products sold here are UK specs and not all have an Irish version as such. This may well be an issue with apple as opposed to Argos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Was this advertised in the catalogue , or just something included in the box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Apple issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I bought my iPod Touch in Belfast and got the same voucher. I wasnt bothered complaining. These things are prepacked in the box. I couldnt give a monkeys about 3 episodes of a TV show. If you do feel so aggrieved write to Apple or call to the Drogheda Argos store.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Apple issue.

Not really i complaint once to kelloggs about a film ticket offer just for the UK and they sent me 2 tickets for the Omiplex in Ireland and apologise the wrong batch had come to Ireland and the Irish ones to the UK.

Anorther time I was waiting for a delivery that was late and i complain about it stating that if i was to order the same product now I would pay less as they were on sale, they refunded the difference.

Ask in your local Argos for the address of the head office, then write to them, be nice but firm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

was it sealed inside the box of the iPod? If so you're probably better off getting in touch with Apple and asking nicely* for something else instead of it. Unless you want Argos breaking open sealed packaging to have a root inside for any non-Irish vouchers.

* Nicely because if you phrase your query anything like 'what the flying **** are you doing' you will get sweet eff all and the customer service person will hang up and laugh at you and your insane over reaction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As far as I know, it came outside the box. It's even down on my receipt as a seperate product (they put it on the receipt as being worth 9,999€ and then cancelled it off for some reason >_<).

Right, I'll try Apple. See if I can get the equivelent in music downloads or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If it's outside the packaging, and is listed on the Argos receipt, then I'd start with them.

Emailed both.

iTunes just replied, and say they have no interest since it was a third party promotion. They did give me three video credits mind, for presumably music videos.
    See what Argos says....

As far as I know, it came outside the box. It's even down on my receipt as a seperate product (they put it on the receipt as being worth 9,999€ and then cancelled it off for some reason >_<).

Argos, they advertised it and sold it to you, their responsibility.

• Advertisement

Emailed both.

iTunes just replied, and say they have no interest since it was a third party promotion. They did give me three video credits mind, for presumably music videos.
    See what Argos says....

Nice one, you already got something, keep going u never know what you'll get.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Definetly a problem with Argos. Why exactly won't the voucher work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

can you not set up a UK account? (use a UK address)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

efb wrote: »
    can you not set up a UK account? (use a UK address)
    would this not be fraud? it is up to argos to sort this out but they will most likely just tell you they have removed the promotion, it looks like they are not buying any stock specifically for the irish market and using their uk stock instead for their irish stores.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    would this not be fraud? it is up to argos to sort this out but they will most likely just tell you they have removed the promotion, it looks like they are not buying any stock specifically for the irish market and using their uk stock instead for their irish stores.

Maybe they just made a mistake, see what they have to say first, before putting the kart ahead of the horses.

I never had a problem with Argos I could not sort.

Well, Argos emailed back, apologising, saying they know that it's not available in Ireland and the store weren't supposed to be giving the vouchers out. They say the store got them by mistake. That's it though.

Guess I'll just give one of my British friends the code and be happy with my three music video downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Unless Argos advertised the three free downloads in the catalogue/flyer, and this was part of the deal you were buying into, I don't think it's fair to whinge that they also handed you a piece of paper that wasn't of any worth to you.

Advertisement