Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E63, no voicemail.

• 16-12-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

I recently changed phone, On my old phone, if I didn't answer a call it went to voice mail, On my E63 it will ring and ring or go to busy if I am on it.

How do I get voicemail back please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dial 171 and what does it say.

What network are you on?

Have you checked the 'diverts' setup on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Davy wrote: »
    Dial 171 and what does it say.

What network are you on?

Have you checked the 'diverts' setup on the phone?

Thanks Davy,

When i dial 171, it says, you have no new messages.

Vodafone.

Now the divert thing could be something. Since I have had this phone, it has been set up for divert, it will ring twice and then divert to my office. I then just cancel it and reactivate it.

On my old Nokia, I used to do the same, and when I would cancel it, it would go back to voicemail.

Now it costs 13C to divert per call, if i divert it to my voice mail, would it cost me, I know it shouldn't.

Go to: menu > tools > settings > phone > call divert, and then options > activate > To voice mailbox.

Davy wrote: »
    Go to: menu > tools > settings > phone > call divert, and then options > activate > To voice mailbox.

No joy, Request rejected. It diverts to office phone with no bother.

ok, looks like your going to have to give them a buzz to activate voicemail.

You can try dialling this in your phone:

**61*087 5 XXXXXXX#

including the asterisk and hash at the end

• Advertisement

Thanks that worked. It rings for a long time but does go to voice mail, the message is as i left it.

Although, when my phone is busy it gives an engaged tone, when it used to divert automatically on old phone. I tried diverting busy calls to VM but it again says Request rejected.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help Davy.

You can shorten the length if you wish. Normally people want to make it longer,, but you use the same code a before but put a double asterisk at the end, followed by an amount between 5 and 30 in any multiple of 5.

So this would set it to ring for 20 seconds before going to voicemail

**61*087 5 XXXXXXX**20#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Thanks that worked. It rings for a long time but does go to voice mail, the message is as i left it.

Although, when my phone is busy it gives an engaged tone, when it used to divert automatically on old phone. I tried diverting busy calls to VM but it again says Request rejected.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help Davy.

Dial:

**004*08X5XXXXXXX**20#

This will redirect your calls to voicemail if you are busy, if you are out of reach or have turned your phone off or if you don't pick up after 20 seconds. If you want to change the time until call is redirected just change the 20 at the end, it can be any number from 5 to 30 in increments of 5.

Advertisement