Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22lr app

Options
  • 16-12-2009 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all,im 17 (nearly 18) i applied for a cz 452 in .22lr last january, in september i was then told to reapply once the new scheme had come in, i am about to send my form off, along with all of the extras that i have (reasons for applying, NARGC safety and profiency cert, photos, insurance card and gun club card)
    I already hold a shotgun cert. and have perfectly legitimate reasons for possessing a .22.
    I have a seperate ammo safe and a 4gun deadbolt safe.

What would my chances be of getting this approved?

help much appreciated
    Regards,
    Noodle!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

As far as I can see you've ticked all the boxes, I can't see a reason they wouldn't grant you a cert.

Best of luck with it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭noodle650

Thanks mate thats reassuring

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

good luck with your application noodle, be sure to let us know when you get your new gun;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Best of luck with your application.
    Sounds like you have all the boxes ticked!

I would suggest you pop in to your F/O personally and hand in the application, particularly if he doesn't know you IMHO. It helps to establish some sort of personal rapport!:D

Make sure your reference's are good and from "mature people" (I would suggest you don't use your best mates, particular if they're 17 like yourself, no offence, but the "grey hair" factor often helps!;))
    Make sure you read the Commissioners Guidelines too (cover to cover, i would suggest). Get two people who have known you well for at least 5 years, make sure they know you are putting them down as references and check this is OK with them, and try to get the two to be people who know you well enough BUT are not relatives (I know this may be difficult, and some of the lads & ladies here may disagree with me no doubt, but think about it: your Dad, Uncle, Brother, Sister, etc. are of course gonna give you a glowing reference - A reference from an "Outsider" should hold more sway with the F/O IMHO)

And keep copies of all documents you submit, including a copy of your completed FAC1 form, and I would suggest you include a cover letter to your F/O (this in particular gives you some proof of when the application was submitted, just in case your documents get misfiled in the GS station;)).

Again, best of luck with the application - Fingers crossed - and keep us all posted!

dC

Yeah i know not to give references from my peer group! thats a biiig no no! luckily i havnt had any trouble with the gardai at all, I have copies of everything im sending, although i havnt chosen my references yet, maybe my boss from work and my mates parents (big time shooters, they taught me to shoot!).
    I hope i get it, as there is only 175 left to pay off on the gun and its been on deposit in Murrays since january last year!!! luckily i know the owners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Best of luck Mate....You should be fine. Your going the right way about it...You`ll be asking what deer caliber is the best soon now you have the bug...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

I think you've done everything right in your application, if for some reason it takes over 3 months for them to process it, get on to the NARGC and ask their help, I think you've done the right thing joining the NARGC, they can be very very helpful with applications if things go wrong.

All the very best and happy shooting, that CZ is a wonderful rifle.

HJ:)

Thanks for all the replies fellas! has given me peace of mind!

Advertisement