Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omaha tracking software

Options
  • 16-12-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

Going to get my hands on some omaha tracking software because i'm starting to take the game semi serious again and feel like i'm losing valuable info by not having it. Just not sure where to start and which one is best.

I'm only playing omaha hi/lo but i'm presuming that any software available for omaha is proficient for omaha hi/lo.

Plying cash .25/.5 and .5/1 and SNGs on ipoker and only playing SNGs on Pokerstars so need something that covers both and will be valuable enough for SNGs.

I split my time between Dublin and Letterkenny so will be playing about 50% on different pcs/laptops. Would need one with a license that would cover both setups and then maybe advice on how i go about combined the database.

I have Pokertracker 2 software at home so downloaded the Omaha tracker for a free trial. Only allows 1k hands to be imported that only last a day and i couldn't seen to get the HUD to work properly. Not sure if Pokertracker 3 has an omaha version so this is what pokertracker omaha gives you.

Basic stats
    pokertrackeromaha1.jpg

Summary stats
    pokertrackeromaha2.jpg

I could get by on these if i knew the HUD worked on stars/ipoker and if it supports SNGs without having to manually type in every result.

Then we have Omaha Indicator. Just downloaded this and the trial is used on play money tables. Started up on Pokerstars and it looks like this..

Odds
    indic11.jpg

Stats
    indic1.jpg

Havent looked into it too much yet but not sure if all the pot odds etc is a bit overpowering as a HUD and stats is more beneficial. It also seems only attach itself to 1 table, and i couldn't find the HUD plus i cant find omaha hi/lo play money games on ipoker to try it out.

Holdem Manager has an Omaha Manager attachment but i'm not sure if you can buy them separately because i don't really want to pay for Holdem Manager at the moment. I can't download the trial because i'm used the trial version of holdem which means i cant use it for omaha so i've no idea how this runs or what its like.

Would need to buy the Pro version because the small stakes version only covers cash up to .25/.5

omahaman.jpg

So has anyone any experience with any of these and can give me any pros or cons. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Omaha Manager.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Flushdraw wrote: »
    but i'm not sure if you can buy them separately because i don't really want to pay for Holdem Manager at the moment.

See the last 2 options in the pricing, this is where you can buy them seperately afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

max_power wrote: »
    Omaha Manager.

/thread

So you've tried it for omaha hi/lo? I'm hoping this is the best one but want to check all my options.
    digiman wrote: »
    See the last 2 options in the pricing, this is where you can buy them seperately afaik

Yeah that's what i thought Pauric but everywhere on the site it's mentioned as an add-on and you delete your current license and input your new one. I think that's intended for people already with Holdem that want to add on omaha.

I've popped them off a mail to see if Omaha Manager can be supported on its on.

The best option might just be to get full package for $145. Is this a yearly subscription or an indefinite subscription?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Nah you can get it just for omaha, the icon on your desktop will say holdem manager and when your loading it it says 'holdem manager omaha' but I can't import holdem hands. I haven't played any hi-lo but don't see how it could be any different. The amount of stats available is ridiculously good, solid HUD, nice layout, can't think of anything wrong with it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Flushdraw wrote: »
    So you've tried it for omaha hi/lo? I'm hoping this is the best one but want to check all my options.

Yeah that's what i thought Pauric but everywhere on the site it's mentioned as an add-on and you delete your current license and input your new one. I think that's intended for people already with Holdem that want to add on omaha.

I've popped them off a mail to see if Omaha Manager can be supported on its on.

The best option might just be to get full package for $145. Is this a yearly subscription or an indefinite subscription?

Its indefinite, but they do add in little extras now and again that cost more like the table scanner which is pretty damn good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

I have holdem manager + omaha manager, Dont use it a huge ammount. But its streets ahead of omaha tracker. Seems to have everything you could want. It def takes plo 8 too, just checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Hold Em Manager - Omaha is miles ahead of PTracker Omaha, really is worth the investment if you are starting to take online seriously again. I have found it to be a valuable tool since I installed it earlier in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

I have hem and really like it, but in a recent thread, Zuutroy told you that he reckoned its not that great for o8 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055764388

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yeah I dont think people realise that while its much better than PTO for PLO (acronyms FTW) it does very little to tackle even simple O8 specific stuff.

Cheers for the comments lads.
    digiman wrote: »
    Its indefinite, but they do add in little extras now and again that cost more like the table scanner which is pretty damn good.

I was looking at table scanner. Another $45 i think. For ipoker tho, it wont be great because the pool of players playing .25/.5 and .5/1 is pretty small and i'm regularly sitting at 6 tables, waiting on 2, playing 2-3 on another 2 and have 2 full tables. Would be nice tho for keeping stats on all players even tho i have a fair idea who the winners and losers are anways.

Dont think table scanner works with SnGs on stars tho. Does it find tables where fish have registered for sngs?
    zuutroy wrote: »
    Yeah I dont think people realise that while its much better than PTO for PLO (acronyms FTW) it does very little to tackle even simple O8 specific stuff.

This is why i need to try a trial of Omaha Manager because Pokertracker Omaha at least gives you some split stats. Omaha Indicator looks good for in running stats. Still undecided!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I've no idea of it's abilities for O8, it's fantastic for PLO..

Don't bother paying for it, just do that with rake...

http://www.holdemmanager.net/purchase/pro_version/GetitFree.html

Flushdraw, when you get it set up, give me a shout because I would be interested in discussing the HUD config specifically for Omaha and O8.

I mainly used PTO before and just recently installed HEM, it's fantastic but takes a little time to set up properly.

If people who have a nice config set up would be willing to post and share and maybe answer a few Q's that would be excellent!.

Let me know when you get it and I'll get a new thread going.

Samba wrote: »

Flushdraw, when you get it set up, give me a shout because I would be interested in discussing the HUD config specifically for Omaha and O8.

I mainly used PTO before and just recently installed HEM, it's fantastic but takes a little time to set up properly.

If people who have a nice config set up would be willing to post and share and maybe answer a few Q's that would be excellent!.

Let me know when you get it and I'll get a new thread going.

So i plumped for Holdem/Omaha Manager and its been working pretty good. Been a little bit of a disaster since Boyles changed software and used the resizeable tables because its far more difficult to multitable now.

I'm also having trouble with my own stats on the HUD. They seem to be going to one particular seat no matter where i'm sitting so my stats are on top of whoever is in that seat. Therefore i have to dump them at the side of the table.

Anyway this is the layout i'm going to be using for a while. The stats i'm displaying are..

Name
    Hands/Winnings
    VPIP/PFR/AGG
    Flop AGG/Turn AGG/River AGG
    Limp/3bet/Call 3bet

I've tried a few others and i'm just seeing which stats are more specific to omaha because post flop stats are more important in this game than preflop. I also want to include some showdown stats but took it out for now.

Anyone any comments?

omahalayout.jpg

Advertisement