Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keys for windows etc

Options
  • 16-12-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We bought a second hand house and we have no keys to lock the windows. Any idea how we could get them? Just need to lock them now that my little lad has a bunk bed put into his room.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I'm not sure about your key locking windows but I'd say a quick look at the manufacturer's website might help. Or ask down at your local window shop and try to have the make, model, etc details for them.

In any case would you not be better off with handle locks on the windows? God forbid, but if you ever have a fire in the house then a key locked window is a sure way of not giving your kid an emergency exit point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi, thanks for the response. Whats a handle lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the response. Whats a handle lock?

Its a push button lock rather then needing a key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

and you can put window restrictors on that allow the window to open a little - a child would find it difficult to use the restrictor.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There are a sorts of fire safety issues with locking bedroom windows.

I understand it is contained in part b of the building regulations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement