Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanently banned from Politics.

Options
  • 16-12-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

In this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055758841

I was permanently banned for

Fighting & personalising the discussion

Any independent reasonable observer can see the other posters fought with me and personalised my positon.

Yet I got banned.

The worst I can be accused of is badgering people for proof of the ridiculous assertions they were making yet if you were to look up the charter for the forum
    When offering fact, please offer relevant linkage, or at least source. Simply saying "a quick search on google...." is often, but not always, enough. If you do not do this upon posting, then please be willing to do so on request

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516094

Point 2 Continuing threads

For your consideration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

First of all, this should be in the Help Desk (I've moved it).

Secondly, the first point of escalation should be with the Moderator who banned you via PM. If you cannot resolve it with them, you should contact the CMod(s) of that category in order for them to review it.

If you're not happy with their desicion, then you can come to the Admins for review.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

BuffyBot wrote: »
    First of all, this should be in the Help Desk (I've moved it).

Secondly, the first point of escalation should be with the Moderator who banned you via PM. If you cannot resolve it with them, you should contact the CMod(s) of that category in order for them to review it.

If you're not happy with their desicion, then you can come to the Admins for review.

I discussed it with the moderator via pm. I am still banned. If you want I can send you our pm's.

As part of my overall ban I've been informed with special reference to my irish budget ban;
    Appeals to Help Desk, but this has been generally agreed by the Politics Mods.

Natural justice how are you.

Meaning I've already lost the general intermediary appeal in absentia.

It's up to you lads now to objectively look at the facts.

OK - the facts:

Having had a look at your ban history, and some of your posts which have lead to your bans, can I ask what result you expected?

To me, you've been a disruptive influence and an abraisive poster - neither of which is conducive to the smooth running of a forum here. Ignore what other people posted (the "he started it" defence cuts no ice - you're a grown up, you can take the high ground) and focus on what you've posted and how you've acted in your posts. I'm finding it hard to understand why you're surprised that you're history of bans has lead to something more long term.

I've paid for my previous sins on my previous bans. What on my posts in the current thread merited a permanent ban.

Point out the posts which merit a permanent ban.

If there is nothing which merits a permanent ban no permanent ban is merited.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    OK - the facts:

Having had a look at your ban history, and some of your posts which have lead to your bans, can I ask what result you expected?

To me, you've been a disruptive influence and an abraisive poster -

Yes, I have been an abrasive poster, Posters who make ridiculous posts, I've asked them to back them up with primary sources. They have failed. Abrasave how are you.

Contrary to the posted rules of the forum which I've already posted.

I'm not in contravention of the rules. They are.

How can asking for proof in accordance of the forum rules be in contravention of the forum rules?

• Advertisement

dresden8 wrote: »
    I discussed it with the moderator via pm. I am still banned. If you want I can send you our pm's.

As part of my overall ban I've been informed with special reference to my irish budget ban;

Natural justice how are you.

Meaning I've already lost the general intermediary appeal in absentia.

It's up to you lads now to objectively look at the facts.

To me, you've been a disruptive influence and an abraisive poster - neither of which is conducive to the smooth running of a forum here. Ignore what other people posted (the "he started it" defence cuts no ice - you're a grown up, you can take the high ground) and focus on what you've posted and how you've acted in your posts. I'm finding it hard to understand why you're surprised that you're history of bans has lead to something more long term.

Yes, I'm an abraisave influence as i'm not on of the usual public sector wussies who hides from the "facts" as posted. I've fought the good fought.

Right or wrong, I've presented my case.

In retrospect Liam79 was too embarressed as a public sector worker to present his true case, that's never been true of me.

Point out the posts which merit a permanent ban.

Moderators do not have to take single posts in isolation into consideration. Your posting history and previous bans can and do factor into further bans. In this case, you posted the straw which broke the back of this particular camel.

I don't see any reason to overrule the local mods on this one I'm afraid, so the ban stands.

Advertisement