Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kennels question

Options
  • 16-12-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

i have my dog booked into a kennels over the xmas period as we are going away on stephens day but she has recently come into heat (last thurs) is it ok to leave her in the kennels ???
    will the kennels still take her ????
    any info welcome !!!!
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'd say you're best bet is to ring the kennel you're booked in with and ask them.
    Some kennels may allow it / have an area they can keep them safely from males.
    Some may not, or may say that they can't take responsibility if they get pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

as star-pants says give them a call, to be honest i'd think if they was any good they'd be fine, the kennel I go to at mo keep the bow-wow's seperate at all times, even walk them seperately - previous one used to let them run free in the fields together which was cool also - unless your bitch is in heat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'd give them a call as soon as possible. To be honest I'd say you'll be lucky. Having a bitch in heat on the premises will make life a whole lot more awkward for them and I know many kennel owners that won't take dogs in heat.

Advertisement