Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The colour of Spock

Options
  • 17-12-2009 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Seeing as it's too cold and miserable here for any skywatching, just spent an hour glued to the first series of Star Trek, which has been cleaned up and is showing on one of the digital channels. Now, this may sound as if I've been at the cooking sherry again, but I always heard that Mr Spock was green? I cannot verify this first hand, as we had a black and white tv until Italia 90, when my Dad got caught up in the whole Ireland qualifying thing and went out and bought a colour telly :D. Thus, when I was a kid, Spock always looked a bit odd (was it the hairdo?), but never green. He's as orange as Capt'n Kirk in this cleaned-up version :eek:. Can anybody help?
    Apologies in advance for lowering the tone of this forum (at least it's not an ad for a Lidl telescope :D )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

His BLOOD is green. Something to do with the copper content on Vulcan afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I was actually sickened at the freezing fog on Sunday night. A perfect meteor shower missed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

EnterNow wrote: »

Jeepers, green blood. That would explain a lot...

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

What he said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Not very interesting anecdote if you're not part of my family:

When my mother was pregnant with my sister, she used watch Star Trek on a B&W TV (the only kind those days). My grandfather used tell her that the child would be born green, because they all assumed that Spock was green.

• Advertisement

Thoie wrote: »
    Not very interesting anecdote if you're not part of my family:

When my mother was pregnant with my sister, she used watch Star Trek on a B&W TV (the only kind those days). My grandfather used tell her that the child would be born green, because they all assumed that Spock was green.

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

My parents used to Scream in Klingon when it was on Sunday mornings!

Question to dedicated Trekkies how do ya spell DO NOT DISTURB(in Klingon) for use on a bedroom door:confused:

jumpguy wrote: »
    I was actually sickened at the freezing fog on Sunday night. A perfect meteor shower missed. :(

Hi.ya Jumpguy,just to let you know the relay from a camera mounted at the Marshall Space center showed nothing but a cloudy sky as well:(
    The highlight of the coverage was a fly landed on the Camera lense,even though it was broadcast on the nasa homepage the amount of viewers never went above 200!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

ynotdu wrote: »
    Hi.ya Jumpguy,just to let you know the relay from a camera mounted at the Marshall Space center showed nothing but a cloudy sky as well:(
    The highlight of the coverage was a fly landed on the Camera lense,even though it was broadcast on the nasa homepage the amount of viewers never went above 200!
    Haha, a fly on the camera lens, just to add to the boredom. Sure no wonder there was no more than 200, who wants to look at the arse of an ole cloud in the dark? :pac:

Was disappointing here. I heard some places got nearly 200 an hour.

Haha, a fly on the camera lens, just to add to the boredom. Sure no wonder there was no more than 200, who wants to look at the arse of an ole cloud in the dark? :pac:

Was disappointing here. I heard some places got nearly 200 an hour.

Someone from here (Ireland)reported on boards that He wife&2 kids had been in a field away from streetlights@ 04.46,That they had watched for nearly 4 hours and were frozen to the balls:) They had counted 130 in that time!

This idiot(Me) had streetlighting and cloud cover so i was one of the eejits worldwide that could not resist checking the NASA feed of .................well........cloud&Fly.
    sometimes ignorance of an event is BLISS if in need of sleep:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

fifilarue wrote: »
    Seeing as it's too cold and miserable here for any skywatching, just spent an hour glued to the first series of Star Trek, which has been cleaned up and is showing on one of the digital channels. Now, this may sound as if I've been at the cooking sherry again, but I always heard that Mr Spock was green? I cannot verify this first hand, as we had a black and white tv until Italia 90, when my Dad got caught up in the whole Ireland qualifying thing and went out and bought a colour telly :D. Thus, when I was a kid, Spock always looked a bit odd (was it the hairdo?), but never green. He's as orange as Capt'n Kirk in this cleaned-up version :eek:. Can anybody help?
    Apologies in advance for lowering the tone of this forum (at least it's not an ad for a Lidl telescope :D )

HaHa fifilarue ;) An Orange Capt'n Kirk and A Green Mr Spock :P

Oh i remember Italia 90 very well and ahem , the cooking sherry too :cool:

Ah Jumpguy if theres one thing about Ireland that drives me nuts, its that anytime we have something happening in our skies you can be damn sure we dont hve a clear sky for it !

:D Sorry , i just had to laugh ynotdu :eek:

Stargate wrote: »
    :D Sorry , i just had to laugh ynotdu :eek:

Shuddup or i will swat ya!:)

Question i have is ..........Is Spock green before the cooking sherry or is just after ??? :eek: :pac:

Where are you fifilarue :rolleyes: We need help here :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Horseshoe crabs have blue blood.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6733203.stm
    A team of Canadian surgeons got a shock when the patient they were operating on began shedding dark greenish-black blood, the Lancet reports.

The man emulated Star Trek's Mr Spock - the Enterprise's science officer who supposedly had green Vulcan blood.

HaHa i LoL`d Capt'n Midnight :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Moved from Astronomy & Space

Question i have is ..........Is Spock green before the cooking sherry or is just after ??? :eek: :pac:

Where are you fifilarue :rolleyes: We need help here :eek:

:D:D hiya Stargate-was in an internet-free zone at the end of the week, so just catching up now...can't get over the shock of Spock's high copper content causing his blood to be green..maybe that explains why his knob-twiddling skills at that dashboard thing on the Enterprise seem to be getting rusty :eek:
    PS thankfully sherry bottle now empty.

:eek:

• Advertisement

:D:D hiya Stargate-was in an internet-free zone at the end of the week, so just catching up now...can't get over the shock of Spock's high copper content causing his blood to be green..maybe that explains why his knob-twiddling skills at that dashboard thing on the Enterprise seem to be getting rusty :eek:
    PS thankfully sherry bottle now empty.

fifilarue glad to see you survived the weekend end on just 1 bottle of the cooking sherry :p Redshift moved the thread lol :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

My parents used to Scream in Klingon when it was on Sunday mornings!

Question to dedicated Trekkies how do ya spell DO NOT DISTURB(in Klingon) for use on a bedroom door:confused:

DaqHomvam lururbogh DaqHommey'e'

fifilarue glad to see you survived the weekend end on just 1 bottle of the cooking sherry :p Redshift moved the thread lol :eek:

:D am definitely in the bad books-blamethe sherry-have to apologise as I didn't realise there was a Star Trek thread. Am a total astronomy amateur and only subscribe to a few of these forums, so hope redshift will understand if I plead ignorance.

:D am definitely in the bad books-blamethe sherry-have to apologise as I didn't realise there was a Star Trek thread. Am a total astronomy amateur and only subscribe to a few of these forums, so hope redshift will understand if I plead ignorance.

I say he will haha , i was kinda liking the thread when it was in the astronomy section fifilarue , it will get kinda lost in here i think ;)

Happy xmas Capt'n Midnight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I thought his blood was green as he was a decendant of the hob goblin ;)

ba dum tsh... I'll get me coat.

DaqHomvam lururbogh DaqHommey'e'

Tuc Dion poc zize!

I say he will haha , i was kinda liking the thread when it was in the astronomy section fifilarue , it will get kinda lost in here i think ;)

You must go were gravity brings You,boldly go were no Astronomy/space thread has gone before.................warp speed to another forum.................Live long and prosper! V_V (and a thumb:))

Advertisement