Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the Xbox Modders - Free 22ohm resistors

• 17-12-2009 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭

So the new liteon drives require a bit of extra work to flash that involves using a switch and a 22 Ohm resistor , well im after buying a 50 pack of resistors from ebay so Im going to be left with a couple spares :)

Anybody who previous to this post has an add in the console modding sticky or forum regulars can have a couple for free, either collection or by sending me a stamped addressed envelope

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Where are you based wittnesssmenow? PM if necessary. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Im in Athlone, but i'd be very surprised if I dont head up to Dublin over christmas at the latest, I possibly might even be up early next week.

When i said forum regulars, i may as well just said you and touching :)

Oh yeah, i prob should have mentioned, i dont have them yet :\ should be soon enough though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cool, keep me informed. Oh and the other console modding user touching too :D:D

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Cheers for the offer witnessmenow, but I'll let you keep them :p As I said in the xbox hard drive uncrippling thread, I'm plain useless with soldering so I wouldn't have a use for them at all.

That said, I think I might get a 15w soldering iron, some solder, and a crappy PCB and start learning how to do it properly so I can get the xbox back to almost full operation. I suppose it'd be handy for controller mods and that too - then I might actually contribute some pics and stuff to the forum

Got the Resistors yesterday for anybody interested. Pm me your address enter and i'll pop a couple in the post, sure its christmas! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'm assuming you lds are still flashing drives yea, b ut isn';t the FW still detecbtable?

well yeah, some people don't care about live (like me, my xbox doesn't know what the internet is, its never been connected)

I warn people about it and if the still want to go ahead im hardly going to say no :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Going to try this later. I'll pop in to Peats on the way home to pick up a resistor or two.

What did you use to cut the board. Was thinking of using a sharp knife/flat head screwdriver. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

s.welstead wrote: »
    Going to try this later. I'll pop in to Peats on the way home to pick up a resistor or two.

What did you use to cut the board. Was thinking of using a sharp knife/flat head screwdriver. Any suggestions?

A scalpel would be good, think you can pick them up in chemists?

Advertisement