Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Photoblog

• 17-12-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Well, as much as I dislike the word, I've decided to set up a photoblog to get me back into photography after a long absence, and I'd appreciate a bit of feedback on it with regards the functionality and the layout, and of course the photos.

I recently had a bit of time to sit down and organise all my photos from the last few years. I had never used Lightroom before and it really made a huge difference when processing them all.

So I want to build on it, get a new camera, sort out a new flickr account, and start taking photos again, so this photoblog is a good place to start.

it's at www.pastylegs.com and is made with pixelpost.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I have to say I really like it.

Clean layout with great photos to boot :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Have to agree , like the layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

in your links section, you need to put http:// in front of each link

as they currently don't work because of that.

otherwise, lovely clean site with great photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Very nice work, well done. One thing to look at, when I click the rss link the blog title comes up as pixelpost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Good shots on there but the layout just isn't for me. That doesn't mean it's bad, just not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Beautiful, simple and clean layout and great photos. The feedback form didn't work for me however (nothing happens when you click submit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

thanks for all that, I think I've fixed all those bugs. Appreciate the feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Well done, welcome to the gang!

Nice site, simple and clean.

Just a few observations.

There is no click through on the photos.
    Some images are a wee bit too big (400-500kb) and load a wee bit slowly.

Keep it up.

T.

Covey wrote: »
    Well done, welcome to the gang!

Nice site, simple and clean.

Just a few observations.

There is no click through on the photos.
    Some images are a wee bit too big (400-500kb) and load a wee bit slowly.

Keep it up.

T.

Cheers. Do you mean that clicking an image doesn't bring you to the next one? I just realised that on the first image, I have it set to disable the foward arrow (as there are no more recent photos), this means half the screen is disabled like you said. I'll have to fix that!

Yep thats it.

Bit of a pain going to browse each time !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Nice one. Looks very well. Love that template.

Covey wrote:
    Yep thats it.

Bit of a pain going to browse each time !

cool, just fixed that there, so on the first image you can click anywhere on the image to go backward, while on a normal image, the lefthandside brings you back and righthand side foward like normal. Nice one!

I'll have a look at compressing the images further, although now that they are uploaded and tagged I don't think I can replace them :(. Maybe pixelpost has an addon for this
    rymus wrote:
    Nice one. Looks very well. Love that template.

Thanks, it took a while to get right and is completely invalid XHTML so i'll have to work on validating it lol. It's based on one of the standard themes

It's part of the system no add on needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

TimAy wrote: »
    I'll have a look at compressing the images further, although now that they are uploaded and tagged I don't think I can replace them :(. Maybe pixelpost has an addon for this

there is an image resize on upload option. Or if you're using lightroom theres a plugin for that so you can export directly from lightroom to pixelpost and lightroom does all the compressing & resizing for you.

rymus wrote: »
    there is an image resize on upload option. Or if you're using lightroom theres a plugin for that so you can export directly from lightroom to pixelpost and lightroom does all the compressing & resizing for you.

I was using that plugin, I must have set the quality too high ( I think it was 9 or 10). I might just export the photos again from lightroom to the disk at a lower quality (but same resolution) and then overwrite the images folder in pixelpost on the server, so as not to have to retag everything etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I noticed that your home page gallery starts at the end:confused:

Chorcai wrote: »
    I noticed that your home page gallery starts at the end:confused:

The homepage starts at the most recently uploaded photo, which doesn't make much sense when you are starting off as everything is just dumped on in one big mess (nothing to do with photo date). I uploaded what I thought were my best photos last so that they appeared "closest" to the first image of the homepage, if you get what I mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

TimAy wrote: »
    The homepage starts at the most recently uploaded photo, which doesn't make much sense when you are starting off as everything is just dumped on in one big mess (nothing to do with photo date). I uploaded what I thought were my best photos last so that they appeared "closest" to the first image of the homepage, if you get what I mean!

Cool, I just thought it was an error, in that, I had to go back to view images rather than forward ! :D

Advertisement