Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Last chance to empty your water tanks

• 17-12-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

and don't forget the taps either !

It's gonna get cold folks ...from this weekend on expect sub-zero temperatures, some days next week are expected to never creep above zero.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

peasant wrote: »
    and don't forget the taps either !

It's gonna get cold folks ...from this weekend on expect sub-zero temperatures, some days next week are expected to never creep above zero.

Rookie question I've a chemical toilet in the van, will the chemicals stop the added water from freesing?

I've everything else done, main tank, waste tank taps, water heater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

will the chemicals stop the added water from freesing?

I wouldn't think so.
    Just take the cassette out and store it inside for the really cold nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

drain the water boiler too... and leave the taps in the open position .

peasant wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so.
    Just take the cassette out and store it inside for the really cold nights

The misses would love that - extra chair in the living room, think I'll just empty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

A drop of antifreeze in the waste tanks and the cassette will keep you thawed...just dont put it in the drinking water tank!
    Marty.

• Advertisement

martyc5674 wrote: »
    A drop of antifreeze in the waste tanks and the cassette will keep you thawed...just dont put it in the drinking water tank!
    Marty.
    Thanks I'll get some for now I took it out and emptied it - didn't have ant-freez and didn't want to chance it . So all's good.

Advertisement