Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second hand ps2 worth 20 euro?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

i seen it in a charrity shop with a controller but no games. is it worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Sure i suppose, its nice that it would be going to charity too. I presume you posted in here as you want to get it modded, cheapest way is freemcboot, so your going to need a memory card too.

On another note, isnt it illegal for second hand shops to sell electrical goods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sure i suppose, its nice that it would be going to charity too. I presume you posted in here as you want to get it modded, cheapest way is freemcboot, so your going to need a memory card too.

On another note, isnt it illegal for second hand shops to sell electrical goods?

As above, Id consider it well worth it.

Didnt know that about the electrical goods thing...is that because of wee or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Maybe it is illegal its a new shop.

Whats xbox like compared to ps2 for playing media? eg avis?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Bob Z wrote: »
    Maybe it is illegal its a new shop.

Whats xbox like compared to ps2 for playing media? eg avis?

An actual xbox? Well XBMC is probably considered far superior, and on spec the xbox has the PS2 beat hands down (733Mhz vs 299MHz [at best] CPU, 64MB System RAM vs 32MB on the PS2). I have no experience of xbox or XBMC, and I've no experience of PS2 for playing media so I'm not sure if these paper differences transfer into actual ones.

Still though, it's a PS2 for €20 in a charity shop...WIN!

Advertisement