Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband problem in NTL UPC<<<they can't help me.

• 17-12-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have this problem in my internet ever since we are moving here in the city 5 months ago.
    I've been calling on ntl customer support but they say there is no problem with my modem and internet they change my modem to a new modem but i still encounter the problem. 2 days ago if im not mistaken I've ring them and i wait almost 30 minutes just to talk to operator i've told here my problem which my internet broadband is keep disconnecting me in the modem all the light is off apart from the POWER light, after 5-10 seconds all the light will come back normal and my internet is good but i'm playing online games 24/7 everytime my internet is down i get disconected and its difiicult for me to be disconected in my game M.U. cause your spot will gone and you need to find another spot thats why i really want to solve this problem. He ask me to wait cause he need the modem to be check after a while he return to me that there is no problem with my internet. He transfer me to another line and i keep waiting again, then after a long wait someone answer on the another line he insist that there is no problem with my modem my be my computer got the problem then he give the pc support number and ask me to call and he tell me that .90 cents the cost per minute and he hang up the phone :-(. I ring the pc support then explain again my problem then she told me that is not related to pc problem i told here that's i keep telling to NTL customer support.
    It's really frustrating in my side they never bother to listen on my problem i will not gonna waste my time ang effort if there is no problem.
    BTW i have 3Broadband 3mb internet this one work fine even it's 3mb only they never let me down while my ntl is 20MB but keep getting me down. I write a log record on my side everytime i get disconnected.

10/12/09 11:21pm
    11/12/09 6:52am 12:14pm 7:52pm
    12/12/09 1:32pm
    14/12/09 2:43am
    15/12/09 1:45pm
    16/12/09 1:46pm 9:06pm <<<newest

I'm hoping that anyone out there can tell me what to do

thank you for your time reading my post

sorry my english is poor.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I suspect someone is trying to clone your modem settings on the segment meaning that two modems 'appear' but both modems appear to be the same.

If its stuck in a reboot loop(restarts under 50 secs) then spongebob is correct, someone on your UBR has cloned your mac causing the loop.

If you are able to use it for awhille and then you get disconnected i would say its a different problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I suspect someone is trying to clone your modem settings on the segment meaning that two modems 'appear' but both modems appear to be the same.

I've been having similar problems with my UPC connection.
    Could you please explain what you mean by your comment for the less networking orientated person.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Docsis 1 is unsafe, As the BB accounts are provisioned by MAC alone a person can modify the firmware on certain modems to allow them to write any MAC address the want to that modem.

Im not 100% this is your problem, as the "cloner" will more than likely move onto another MAC if a reboot loop occurs, as this happens with the legit and clone, and make them both unusable.

As i said this happens under 1 min of turning on the modem, if you are getting on-line for a while then this is not your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 joeylin101

WoW it seems im lost and confuse?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Gdep

If the modem keeps rebooting it may just be another faulty modem. i know it would be unfortunate to have two in a row but this sounds like the case.if they are the wifi cisco modems then i would not be at all surprised at this.

Ring them and ask them to swap it out. they will be able to see how many times your modem has reset itself so they shouldnt have a problem with it.

Advertisement