Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

W7 wrecking all my cd-r's

• 17-12-2009 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone had heard about an odd problem i had today while making an audio cd for someone...

Today had been the first time I had actually tried to make such a cd since downloading the RC earlier this year.

*I usually use winamp(free edition) for all my media

Anywho first of all after regrettably setting up Windows Media player for the first time I tried to burn the music. Down right fail, it said i should look into upgrading my dvd-rw's firmware :(

Then I tried just using windows explorer with a different cd... FAIL same kind of advice, upgrade firmware.

Then I go into Realplayer(not as bad as it used to be, use it for rte streaming) Try to burn it to a different type of cd-r and fails again. This time Realplayer just crashed several times while trying(ok so maybe it is still crap)

I then try + update firmware from samsungs website. It wouldn't update :(

Make sure everything is fine with my dvd-rw, cables and reconised and stuff.

Retry with windows again and FAIL for a fourth time, downloaded Burnaware free... Success yay!

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this or not? Or is my comp just acting up in a very strange and not so wonderful way?

P.S. successfully burned .iso's onto discs using other software too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Have you upgraded your firmware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Won't let me for some reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I am burning data cd, data dvd & music cd on windows 7 for past few months without using any additional software at all and never had a problem. Infact I use the windows built in cd bruner for writing data disks, no roxio aur any other software.

It looks like you have some firmware problem.

Advertisement