Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damn you overzealous spam filter!

• 17-12-2009 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭

A cautionary tale for others ;)

Entered the Irish Met Soc photo comp some time ago...never did hear anything back. Until a friend asked me about mail that she sent me but I didn't receive - pop over to my spam folder and lo-and-behold an email from them telling me I'm shortlisted and requesting further info. That was 10 days ago and they've chosen the winners now.

:mad: (obviously not at them) but stupid spam filter...

Let that be a warning children, check your mail regularly (even the spam).

There's always next year... :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I got in the last thirteen too, another competition with the European Met society

http://www.emetsoc.org/awards/documents/EMS_EUROPHOTOMETEO_announcement.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Ouch, sickener.. What spam filter was that? gmail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Balls, that sucks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thirdfox wrote: »
    lo-and-behold an email from them
    Lesson for today: when you apply to a competition, add their email to your whitelist, so that the mails goto your inbox, and not your spam folder.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I originally tried using their website entry but it failed. They had a thread started here announcing the comp so I posted my problem in it. Then got an email from them and entered via that. BTW I finished in the top 167 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Another reason why we should all pay a small levy that goes to a Mosad Hit Squad so that they can hunt down the Spammers & "neutralise" them. :D

Well done for getting short listed. Care to share the image here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

shepthedog wrote: »
    Ouch, sickener.. What spam filter was that? gmail?

Yahoo (a legacy email address that I've kept for a few years now).

Though gmail has thrown important emails into the spam folder too before (especially ones with attachments).
    the_syco wrote: »
    Lesson for today: when you apply to a competition, add their email to your whitelist, so that the mails goto your inbox, and not your spam folder.

I would have, except that they hadn't given an email address for me to whitelist :/
    CabanSail wrote: »
    Another reason why we should all pay a small levy that goes to a Mosad Hit Squad so that they can hunt down the Spammers & "neutralise" them. :D

Well done for getting short listed. Care to share the image here?

Indeed - down with spam. I wonder who actually purchases prescription medicine online from these dodgy dealers.

As for my photo - looking at the winners I probably wouldn't have been in contention anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Unlucky matey, but now you know for the next one!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It's not all bad Thirdfox, at least you won Thread of the day :D

Hopefully you get this subscription email in your inbox

Advertisement