Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Straighteners & Hair Dryers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭_michelle_

i recently got a new hair dryer & straightner in peter marks & have to say i couldnt be happier, dryer (think it was €56) is the one used by the stylists in peter marks & straightner is ghd (think i paid €120) which i swear by i couldnt use anything else.

they do say once you try the best you wont use anything less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Personally, I've had Babyliss hair straighteners, curlers and hairdryers over the years and found them all to be completely crap. Granted, it's been a couple of years since I've used them, but they didn't even come close to the standards of other brands around the same price at that time. Very bad quality and lasted hardly any length of time at all.

I have a Remington hairdryer, it must be about two years old now at least and I use it a few times a week, and find it absolutely excellent. Would definitely recommend it.

As for hair straighteners ... I used Remington ones for years, and they were absolutely fine. However, for speed and for a perfect finish, in my experience you just can't beat the GHD. I know they're expensive, but they last for ages and in my opinion the price is worth it for the amount of time that they save you. If you really don't want to pay the price though, then as I said the Remington's do the job better than any other cheaper ones I've tried. I do think that the GHD works out to be much better value in the long term though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Hairdryer - best ones in Peter Mark, the Turbo Stratus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thank you all.

Tbh, I personally don't think GHD's are worth €120 euros. I have used my cousins one in the past and it did just as good a job as my other cousin Remingtion one did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

I only recently bought my first flat-iron. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make one work on my hair, as I'm clumsy with that kind of thing. I chose a Remington Shine and Protect based on postive online reviews. GHD's are very expensive here in the States, so I didn't want to spend the money until I was sure hair straightening was for me.

The Remington seems to do quite well. One pass is all it takes. It makes my hair EXTREMELY shiny, which is nice. BTW, I have thick, wavy, unruly and "problem" hair. For once I don't have to stuff it back in a bun or ponytail. I wish I'd gotten over my fear of flat irons years earlier!

One major annoyance is that the temperature control button is easy to accidently push while your working with the iron. I'm gradually getting used to it. I will probably upgrade to a GHD eventually, but this one is fine for now.

I have a BaByliss dryer. It works well but is too heavy. It's the Pro Carrera ceramic model. Also the concentrator nozzle fits too loosely. I plan to replace it soon with a Parlux, T3, Chi etc.

• Advertisement

Thank you Stella777.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I don't know anything about decent hair dryers but I have a Vidal Sassoon straightener and I love it!

Got it on sale in Boots about two years ago for about 30 quid and I'm delighted with it. I don't use it that often, only for curling my hair really but it is great. I found it no different from a GHD but like I say, I don't actually use it for straightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Have to +1 the Vidal Sassoon straighteners, I have them a couple of years and they're great for both straightening and curling, and they're still working as well as when I got them! :) Also think Remington straighteners are great. Didn't think the GHDs were any better than either of them.

Oh, and these are the ones I have, they're the "Vidal Sassoon Professional Ceramic Straightener VS5316" VS5316.jpg

Thank you.

I have been looking at these Remingtion straighteners, does anyone know anything about them? If they're any good etc?

http://www.uk.remington-europe.com/content.php?path=/1713_1187255603.html&domain=www.uk.remington-europe.com

I know the first one is the "shine therapy" straightener I had already been looking at, so am after some info/reviews on the other straighteners.

Also, does anyone know anything about Paralux hair-dryers?

http://www.hqhair.com/tools-electrical/products?cid=389312

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

look for a H2D hair straightner its brilliant the exact same in my opinion as a ghd. but 80 euro cheaper. i got a present of one recently,it was bought on ebay so check out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 sanj2408

Ive used all kinds of hairdryers and straighteners. I have a Peter Marks hairdryer I got about 5 years ago still going perfectly and Im on my 2nd GHD not because my old one broke - I gave it to my sis and got a pink one! You can try other brands but they just dont last as long and you'll end up having to get another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Clueless09

I had that hair dryer the paralux one, and it was good but I got one this year out of Peter marks-Turbo Stratus and it is much better. think it was about €55 so pretty reasonable.
    Have a ghd-hate it. personally it makes my hair really lank looking and kinda greasy or something.And no matter how much protective spray etc i used it would still break the ends and leave it burned looking. My hair is pretty fine so just wasnt for me-much prefer just to blow dry it straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I got the remmington hairdryer and straighteners last year- the hair dryer is def good but the straighteners are not great. i am used to GHD. Have to agree with previous posters, they are expensive but once you get used to them you never go back

• Registered Users Posts: 2 waterlover

anyone know if you can buy the turbo stratus ones online? i am living abroad now and love my turbo stratus that i bought in Peter Marks about four years ago and want to get a second one! (Have v thick hair and it dries in no time)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Zombie thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement