Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

data tranfer kit issue (fake )

Options
  • 17-12-2009 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

right a couple of weeks ago i bought a legit xbox 60gig hardrive what i didnt know at the time was i had to ask microsoft for a data tranfer cable (was free but now costs e10) in order to move my games profiles. since that would take weeks and weeks to arive i ordered one off ebay . which when it arived i found it was a fake (it was also missing the data tranfer disc) but it came with xploder 360. now in order to transfer the data from one drive to an another i have to copy the data from partition 1 but when i open up the drive all i see is parttition 0,2,,3

any ideas on how to get at partition 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

right a couple of weeks ago i bought a legit xbox 60gig hardrive what i didnt know at the time was i had to ask microsoft for a data tranfer cable (was free but now costs e10) in order to move my games profiles. since that would take weeks and weeks to arive i ordered one off ebay . which when it arived i found it was a fake (it was also missing the data tranfer disc) but it came with xploder 360. now in order to transfer the data from one drive to an another i have to copy the data from partition 1 but when i open up the drive all i see is parttition 0,2,,3

any ideas on how to get at partition 1

Weeks and weeks? My cable took 5 days to arrive and I made my call at 5pm on a Friday night :D A mate of mine tried using xplorer360 but ended up giving in and paying Microsoft. I suggest you save yourself some hassle and do the same. I got my cable for free (in September) by telling them that I bought one online and that it didn't come with a transfer kit but I suspect they might have clamped down on that since then.

Advertisement