Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yamaha DragStar 250 (aka V Star 250 or XVS250)

• 17-12-2009 2:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

where can I buy this bike new?

It's not on any Irish bike sites, and I can't even see it on Yamaha's Ireland or UK site.

Is it import only?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Anyone?
    xvs250_vstar_blk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Sorry man haven't a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dunno. Surely most bike shops will order one in for ya. Go for the 650:p

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Definitely not being directly imported by the distributor this year. Nor last iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

dont think it's in production new any more.

midnightstar is the new dragstar range. They come in 650 / 950 and 1300 I think. First two are learner legal as far as I know. lovely bikes.

I have a 250 dragstar which I'll swap you for if you want to buy a midnight star. :pac:

edit: new midnight star range is 950 / 1300 / 1900

• Advertisement

They're in production alright - might look at the 650 though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

fleet wrote: »
    They're in production alright - might look at the 650 though!

new dragstars? are you sure. The european and US range have been updated to midnight star 950/1300/1900 for the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

They aren't in production. Shame as a 950 would be an insane expense insurance-wise for a learner. There are a reasonable few available secondhand. I had one. Decent width of rear tyre, the 650 doesn't have wider. Solid handling, but a bit wide and awkward for filtering.

I got mine new from JP of Pearse St, not a Yamaha dealer, but it comes from Danfay all for all of them. I liked the mph clocks.

fleet wrote: »

Thats a virago. There are loads of quality used dragstars about. Bypass the 250 altogether and get the 650.

• Advertisement

Thats a virago. There are loads of quality used dragstars about. Bypass the 250 altogether and get the 650.

The Dragstar and V-Star are different names for the same bike.
    Virago are also the same line, just older.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_Virago
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_DragStar

Now to find some prices and availability!

If the 650 comes in close to the 250 then I might just take your advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I had a Dragstar 250 for a number of years - my first bike. Easy to handle, 100% reliable machine.. I'm now on a Virago 535, similar style, but a little bit higher off the ground, and narrower handlebars

Shane

Advertisement