Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

entitled to a replacement ?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Ok so the story is around the 24 of setember I bought a Sony blu-ray play from sound store . then in the start of November the player failed. the disk loader died. so the I brought It back to them and they said need to send it to the local Sony depot to be repaired. 5 -6 weeks on the player is still not repaired. when the player was drop in they said it usual takes 5 business takes for product to be repaired and returned to them.

Don't see how what is literary a 2 Min job can turn in to 5-6 weeks.

at this stage am I entitled to insist on a replacement. or what am I entitled to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you tried to contact them to find out about the status of your repair? You need to keep on top of them, reminding them that you're waiting.

Give them a little longer, but say something along the lines of - I'll give you 10 business days to get my repair, otherwise I will be seeking a refund/replacement, and I am prepared to lodge a claim via the Small Claims Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

dudara wrote: »
    Have you tried to contact them to find out about the status of your repair? You need to keep on top of them, reminding them that you're waiting.

Give them a little longer, but say something along the lines of - I'll give you 10 business days to get my repair, otherwise I will be seeking a refund/replacement, and I am prepared to lodge a claim via the Small Claims Court.

Ya be into the store and got them to ring the repair centre and its the same answer each time. waiting on part should be in by Friday that was 3 weeks ago. called in after that not back yet they ring when in back in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

Can you contact the repair centre yourself? If you don't have it, ask them to give you the number, and if they refuse, politely request to speak to a manager and see if s/he will give you the number. That way you can try to chase the repair centre yourself.

If you're not getting satisfaction from the store, sit down and write a letter, and send it (outlining all the action you've taken, and the inaction on their part, and including the note about small claims court as mentioned by dudara). If you receive no reply, send the same (or a similar) letter to the sony repair centre themselves.

Definitely best to chase this rather than waiting, or you'll be waiting forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Perosnally I'd insist on a replacement at this point. You have given them ample chance to repair the issue and they are not capable of doing this within reason.

State that they have had the opportunity to repair and not done so, you consider that either replace or refund are the way forward.

Not sure legally how you stand as if you go to the small claims it will probably be repaired before then...

Thats what I would do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

ch750536 wrote: »
    State that they have had the opportunity to repair and not done so, you consider that either replace or refund are the way forward.

Not sure legally how you stand as if you go to the small claims it will probably be repaired before then...

I agree with you, but I would give them 10 days notice (or so). That will demonstrate that you gave them a chance to repair it (ie that you were reasonable) and will help your claim when it comes to the SCC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

went into them today about five to go about the replacement route and the man from the repair centre was just in the door before me. so now I have my player back and problem is solved for now. thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

fantastic. anytime.

Advertisement