Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up brushes

• 17-12-2009 4:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hey,:) I was wondering could anyone help me. I am looking for a decent set of make up brushes for my sister for christmas, I have discovered that its hard to get sets as such :rolleyes: but I can buy them individually. Are there any brands that anyone can reccommend? The ones I have been looking at are gosh and beauty strokes, are these any good?:confused: Thanks in advance:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I heard The Body Shop do great ones-could be pricey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

mac and benefit do them, but they are bloody pricey

i'd say places like boots would do nice sets of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I have some to your rescue!! :p

I recently bought a ''Ruby and Millie'' bursh set in boots, it was €27 I think but there 3 for 2 at the moment.
    It has an eye liner brush, blusher brush, mini eyelash curler, foundation brush, powder sponge, eye shadow brush and lip brush.
    A friend of mine has used their brushes for years and said they are really durable and havent shed anything yet ( after years).
    I think there fantastic to use anyway!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

apparently the brushes on www.eyeslipface.co.uk (the studio line) are very nice, but ive never used them myself but theyre quite cheap

Have also heard great things about the body shop brushes but theyre probably expensive.

Ive seen a few brush sets in the boots 3 for 2 christmas gifts but cant remember what brands, might be rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

If you can get to Inglot in Liffey Valley, they do some fantastic brushes. I've bought a few there and I've been incredibly pleased with them. Not as pricey as MAC etc, but the quality is good and they do the job very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've heard great things about this Inglot brand. Worth a look there!

Amz, Is there any other counters around the city or jst in Liffey Valley??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I think they're just in Liffey Valley at the moment.

No idea if they've opened any other counters/stores lately, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Larianne wrote: »
    I've heard great things about this Inglot brand. Worth a look there!

Amz, Is there any other counters around the city or jst in Liffey Valley??

Inglot is a Polish brand and it's really big in Poland, I'm familiar with it - their business model is very similar to Mac, gazillions of colours, simple black packaging, modern studios and counters, big choice of accessories (unless their Irish stores or stands are smaller?). Their brushes are very good, they are also known for their huge range of eyeshadows. In Poland their stuff costs maybe 30% of Mac's price for similar products, again I don't know what it's like in Ireland.

I didn't know they are now in Dublin! Liffey Valley is way out of my way but perhaps they have other locations? Girls if you are there can you please ask about other locations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have to say, I love my Benefit brushes. Worth the money, have had them three years now!

Advertisement