Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Lego ad.

Options
  • 17-12-2009 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

Great to see Lego using one of their old adverts again. I've vague memories of this as a kid,may well have been repeated from late 70's/early 80's from when i remember it. Great to hear the late and great Tommy Coopers laugh again,proper legend.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭gipi

Is it the real Tommy C on that ad or an impressionist? I could never be sure! Great to see it again though (bit like the retro Milky Way ads they ran during the year!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

gipi wrote: »
    Is it the real Tommy C on that ad or an impressionist? I could never be sure! Great to see it again though (bit like the retro Milky Way ads they ran during the year!).

It's definitely Tommy Cooper.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

My jaw fell open when I saw that ad again on the TV.

Something in the back of my mind tells me that it's an impressionist as the ad was featured on one of those retro shows a few years back.

From what i can find online it seems to definitely be Tommy Cooper. There's also been a re-release of the accurist ads from the late 70's featuring John Cleese. Looks like they've just digitally updated the watches in the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I'm too young so don't know it from when it was first out, a good ad all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,117 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

is that the same with the Mr T snickers ads , are they old ads touched up?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    is that the same with the Mr T snickers ads , are they old ads touched up?

The Snickers ad is a recent one. Mr. T seems to have taken to the advertising game,he's also in a World of Warcraft ad at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Like the idea of the Accurist ad. Cheaper than hiring John Cleese to do it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,117 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

lord lucan wrote: »
    The Snickers ad is a recent one. Mr. T seems to have taken to the advertising game,he's also in a World of Warcraft ad at the moment.

Interesting, he seemed not to have aged much, I thought they must have been old US ads

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    Interesting, he seemed not to have aged much, I thought they must have been old US ads

I think that it's a good make-up job on Mr. T. tbh,seen him on something a while back and he looked very haggard looking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement