Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

angle shooting...?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Me and CHD were discussing this during a pretty poor pub league final table. I'm pretty sure it's bad etiquette, but it could be classic angle shooting...

Everything is a little sketchy...
    Hero on BB with 20k
    Villian on CO with 30k
    Blinds 600/1200

all fold. CO calls, BB checks. flop comes X,X,X
    Hero checks with 1 pair and very small FD. CO bets 5 k, BB calls.
    turn = rag. CO picks up 5k in chips and before he puts it over the line, Hero says " How much have you behind?"
    CO, pulls his chips back from what is deffo forward motion and says: "if you want to put me all in, I'm calling, I don't care"
    Hero smiles , handsomely.
    Villain lashes in 5k and hero folds....

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

newbie2 wrote: »
    before he puts it over the line

We'll there's your answer.

And seems like your coffe housing, why talk to him in the middle of his action what are you trying to make him do, check?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I'm presuming you checked the turn because you were first to act? It's not that clear. If you want to ask him any questions about his stack, its best to ask while its your turn to act. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter/speech play when its heads up. You just got outplayed both on the flop and the turn IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Don't really see what the problem is here?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 176 ✭✭pkr_ennis

Nice speech play, although I think this would only work with weak inexperienced players, which is exactly what you were up against wp.
    Not an angle as you can say anything whilst heads-up. Bad ettiquette if the hand is multi-way as you shouldn't influence the decision making of another when it could effect yet another.
    :)

Advertisement