Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open university (Oz) courses

Options
  • 17-12-2009 6:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Anyone have information on doing IT courses from home in Australia?
    I have a friend who is thinking of doing one with the open university here (www.open.edu.au) but cannot find any reviews from past students.

Is there a forum similar to boards where you can get other peoples feedback and ask questions on courses?

He would like to get into programming and web design and is thinking of doing the Bachelor of Technology (Information Systems) or Bachelor of Technology (Computing studies)

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

you've to do about 24 units to get a degree. each unit is 1 course, which is a few months!

on a WHV, you can only study for a max of 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭blues2

Thanks for that. Its for a friend who is lucky enough to be a citizen here. If anyone can tell me where to get reviews of universitys/courses in Australia would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bravethomas

apart from that there are many other universities which are offering IT courses and there is an Australian Management Academy who offers various online courses with valid nationally recognized certifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Try the whirlpool forum, I have a feeling if it's a computer related course then they'll probably know something about it.
    http://whirlpool.net.au/

Advertisement