Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Access Points - isp vs data ?

• 17-12-2009 8:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the standard 5 euro /500 MB data add-on covers the isp.meteor.ie access point as well as the regular data.meteor.ie one ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

long_b wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the standard 5 euro /500 MB data add-on covers the isp.meteor.ie access point as well as the regular data.meteor.ie one ?

Do you mean the 250 MB data bundle for €5? If so, then yes, both the ISP and Data APNs come out of the data bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Well thank the Lord Jebus for that - phew !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭breeno

I'm on the unlimited internet for €15. Is the isp.mymeteor.ie connection any quicker than data.mymeteor.ie? or does it have any benefits? I'm currently using data.mymeteor.ie

breeno wrote: »
    I'm on the unlimited internet for €15. Is the isp.mymeteor.ie connection any quicker than data.mymeteor.ie? or does it have any benefits? I'm currently using data.mymeteor.ie

The ISP APN is the older version of the Data APN and, as such, offers nothing extra in terms of speed or improvement(s).

Meteor will probably get rid of the ISP APN eventually, since it tends to cause confusion between it and the Data APN as to which is better, cheaper etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Suprisingly enough I got 3.5G speeds using the WAP access point last night.

Go figure.

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    Suprisingly enough I got 3.5G speeds using the WAP access point last night.

Go figure.

As far as I'm aware, Meteor don't limit the speed of their APNs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

is there any difference in terms of the ip address you get with them eg a public one or a nat'd one?

Advertisement