Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these Kerrymen for real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

SeaFields wrote: »
    Without having heard her directly say it on some of the live interviews, some of the other threads on boards today refer to her as "the girlfriend".

I'm pretty sure the gf on Lunchtime referred to herself/was referred to as "Michelle".

P.

Dyflin wrote: »

See how many other women too!

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Mr Foley is convicted, so he's guilty. It wasn't his victim who deemed him to have committed the attack. It was the randomly selected jury of common people like you and me who found him guilty based on all the evidence available and put before the court.

And they didn't say he probably done it, they had to form their belief of guilt beyond all reasonable doubt. In normal English, they had to be sure before answering yes to the question whether or not they believed he was guilty.

As far as Mr Foley's supporters are concerned if I was them I'd be very happy instead of angry. I suggest you inform yourself and find out what the maximum sentence for rape is and you'll realise he's a very lucky man to only receive the sentence he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

In one of those posts she says "She better hide"

FFS :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Salt of the earth people...

Alll one big happy family who obiously have their own warped version of what is black and white / right and wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Wow i'm really shocked at this crap. And the saddest thing is that this monster will be welcomed right back into the community with open arms when he gets released while that poor girl will probably be looked down upon and hated for a long time to come. And i used to love Listowel. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Ok guys... to quote what has already been posted in AH on this topic
    I've deleted all of the references to the dude being a rapist. He hasn't been convicted of rape but a sexual attack. To imply otherwise is libelous.

Also do not post facebook links unless they are your own.

So there ya go... I've removed the links, and am asking people to be very very careful about what they post on this topic. Also, to anyone reading anything they deem to be questionable, please report it!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

you have to wonder is there something about this case that we dont know about yet.....cos if not, and it really is as it appears....then what the f**k is in the water in Listowel....:(

Is there any chance there is something that the media are not reporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Liam79 wrote: »
    you have to wonder is there something about this case that we dont know about yet.....cos if not, and it really is as it appears....then what the f**k is in the water in Listowel....:(

Is there any chance there is something that the media are not reporting?
    I’d like to know this too. It is often the case that local sentiment about how a court case should go and how the facts of the case see it go, differ. The cases of the Rossport 5 and Padraig Nally in Mayo for example. However, nobody in this case seems to be offering more in his defense than “hurray for him” and “boo hiss for her”.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

facebook.jpg

Salt of the earth people...

"What an injustice to one of the nicest fellas in the town". If a convicted rapist is one of the nicest guy in the Town, Id hate to see what the local Ted Bundy is like :(

"She Better Hide"

That could be construed as the committal of two crimes namely incitement
    and assault.

These "friends" must be the scum of the earth, and it wouldnt be suprising that they consort with a rapist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hairy cake

Sorry 440 - I thought once a facebook profile was in public domain that I could post a link to it. And I thought that the comments on it deserved to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

40 People are now on the Kerry forum,must be a record!:D

hairy cake wrote: »
    Sorry 440 - I thought once a facebook profile was in public domain that I could post a link to it. And I thought that the comments on it deserved to be seen.

Sorry banning publically-accessible Facebook links is ridiculous. You might as well ban links to google.com, since you'll find the Facebook pages through that.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

oceanclub wrote: »
    Sorry banning publically-accessible Facebook links is ridiculous.

I'm only carrying out a decision that was made higher up the food chain on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

40 People are now on the Kerry forum,must be a record!:D

Yes, let the good times roll:(

Any time now, the tourists will be flooding into Kerry, instead of the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

efb wrote: »
    Foley, who had been celebrating his 34th birthday on the night of the offence, had denied the charge. He told gardaí he had “found your wan” after he had gone to relieve himself near a skip at 3.50am. However CCTV footage showed him carrying her to the skip area. It also emerged he had met her earlier in a nightclub.

Did these 50 men not see this video???
    How can you deny it when it's there in front of you??
    There is turning a blind eye and then there's just plain ignorance!
    Heard about this case on the news this morning. Just can't get my head around why they would do such a thing. Shaking his hand and hugging the animal.
    Never heard the part about the priest supporting him:eek::eek:
    And the priest wouldn't go up and comfort the woman as he didn't know her??? Your a priest for god sake...that's your JOB!

"Oh but he was a lovely man" load of BULL!!!
    He probably use to let those men in free to nightclubs or bought them pints.

I guess some parts of Ireland still have the attitude if a female is out for a night (either drinking and/or wearing a skirt**) she must be looking for some action :mad::mad::mad:

**I don't know if the victim was wearing a skirt or drinking on the night of the attack but just commenting on the attitudes that I thought had friggin died out in Ireland have seemingly not!

It's no wonder alot of women don't come forward when they have been sexually attacked. A complete slap in the face for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paulad

You can show your support for her by emailing Kerry Rape Crisis Center and they will pass on the message to he victim krcc@eircom.net
    You can also show your disgust, at yet another member of the Catholic Church (Fr Sean Sheehy PP) standing by a guilty as hell sex offender, by emailing castlepres@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm not from kerry...but some workmates have told me that the people down that way are very very clanish is this true??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kenneth5

fryup wrote: »
    i'm not from kerry...but some workmates have told me that the people down that way are very very clanish is this true??

It must be. I mean look at how they constantly re-elect that ghoul Healy Rae. Though what others said about nonsense like this being capable of happening in many other parts of Ireland. Look at that slag Kathleen Lynch being able to continue as an elected representative for cork north after giving a character refrence for someone who was subsequently found guilty of raping two minors. It's hard to feel positive about any aspect of this country these days. Our priests cover up abuse, public crowds showing support for someone convicted of sexual assault and on top of it all our me fein government completly raping us for their own gains. One wonders what any tourists spending their holiday's in Kerry would make of it all. And the most serious repurcussions of this farce is how isolated and rotten any other rape victims in the listowel area are gonna feel. They would probably feel completly helpless. :( What a country!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

fryup wrote: »
    In many way Kerry is a seperate entity from the rest of Ireland .Some Kerry people would have you believe that Kerry people are the only real Irish people in Ireland ,as if anybody outside it ie, the other 22 counties dont exist or matter

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭pinc

I've been trying to e-mail the local community website through above address.
    Mail not being delivered.
    Anyone local able to give me another e-mail/slowmail address .I just want to let them know my outrage and where my sympathy lies.
    Sexual assault by a community on a community.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

kenneth5 wrote: »
    Look at that slag Kathleen Lynch being able to continue as an elected representative for cork north after giving a character refrence for someone who was subsequently found guilty of raping two minors.
    In fairness there is a difference in Kathleen Lynch's actions. Her character reference was given before the individual was convicted. This was the case in the current case also with the priest. But his gravest error was to publicly offer support after the conviction, Of course I would favour a situation where such endorsements were not sought or offered in the first place. Simply judge the case on the facts. Indeed that someone were to “come from a good family” arguably makes their crimes less forgiveable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't something like this happen in kerry back in the 90's??

some woman was raped, and when she brought charges against the attacker the local community cold-shouldered her

i think she was english (which didn't help matters)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Like others I am outraged at this show of support for a convicted sex predator, a thick, ignorant bouncer who got what was coming to him. While I am not from Kerry I do have personal experience of this type of crime being overlooked down there. They are a different breed, and anyone not from there would need to have their head examined for wanting to mix bloodlines with them.

I will be emailing the Catholic Church over this so called man of God. Not that it will do any good mind. My thoughts are with the girl involved, best thing she can do is get the hell out of there and never look back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Latchy wrote: »
    In many way Kerry is a seperate entity from the rest of Ireland .Some Kerry people would have you believe that Kerry people are the only real Irish people in Ireland ,as if anybody outside it ie, the other 22 counties dont exist or matter

"the other 22 counties"?? there are 32 counties in Ireland.

what are you basing your assertions about kerry and kerry people on?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The best guide to the "Kerry People" will be how many of them publicly support the victim like the way that they support O'Donaghue, Healey Rae & O'Callaghan.

Evil exists when good men do nothing. Any good men in Kerry ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Discodog wrote: »
    The best guide to the "Kerry People" will be how many of them publicly support the victim like the way that they support O'Donaghue, Healey Rae & O'Callaghan.

Evil exists when good men do nothing. Any good men in Kerry ?.

hardly reasonable to liken support of a sex offender (which is despicable) to political affiliations and political support of non-criminals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Did you hear about the Kerrymen who shook hands with a sex offender?

I don't find it funny either...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement