Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these Kerrymen for real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Some yarns on the internet have to be taken with a pinch of salt, because some people tend to make them up as they go along, just to suit their argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

As to the bringing her to a secluded place, where do young people normally go if they can't bring someone home? Out in the middle of a main street? If he was genuinely the monster he's made out to be, would he really choose a spot beside the Garda Station? Bound to be caught eventually.

The spot he brought her to is up a laneway beside the club he works in. Across the road from the chip shop that recently refused to serve her as a result of this case. It's a back laneway the runs around most of the town and it was on CCTV because of illegal dumping that was going on there. It's closer to the club and chipper than the station. Why couldn't he bring her home to her place? Or his? Or been the decent guy so many people think he is and called a taxi for her and sent her home. Instead of viewing her as "a sure thing " because she was blind drunk. Do you seriously think it's ok to have sexual activity with someone who is unconscious? Seriously now, no messing? What about the mentally handicapped? Would that be ok? I know of men who only score with women who aren't "the full shilling". I used to live in a flat downstairs from one such poor soul. She had a string of fellas calling to her who used to tell her they loved her and then ride her. She got pregnant by one of them and his sister denied to me that he ever touched her. I could quote what he told her word for word as he was with her. Was he ok? It's the same thing. If someone is not in a position to make a mature and rational decision as to how best to mind themselves then it is up to others not to take advantage of their vulnerability.
    This aspect of Irish society frightens and shames me. It's a sad time for the Kingdom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Amande

yea, there seems to be lots of yarns being banded about.

my favourite has to be that he first dragged her from the night club by the hair and then bashed her over the head with a bottle before throwing her over his shoulder and heading off to this secluded place to rape her before dumping her in a skip.did I leave something out........... oh yea he had a gun to her head !!!!! it really is pathetic how people can change a story and make it more dramatic.

Yes there is more to this story that a large portion of the people in listowel and north Kerry know and when it comes out then those people who have been slated will be proven correct in there actions.

And just to add the 50 or so who shook his hand were not all men but consisted of ex girfriends, uncles, aunts,cousins and girls he worked with.
    not just middle aged men.

The spot he brought her to is up a laneway beside the club he works in. Across the road from the chip shop that recently refused to serve her as a result of this case. It's a back laneway the runs around most of the town and it was on CCTV because of illegal dumping that was going on there. It's closer to the club and chipper than the station. Why couldn't he bring her home to her place? Or his? Or been the decent guy so many people think he is and called a taxi for her and sent her home. Instead of viewing her as "a sure thing " because she was blind drunk. Do you seriously think it's ok to have sexual activity with someone who is unconscious? Seriously now, no messing? What about the mentally handicapped? Would that be ok? I know of men who only score with women who aren't "the full shilling". I used to live in a flat downstairs from one such poor soul. She had a string of fellas calling to her who used to tell her they loved her and then ride her. She got pregnant by one of them and his sister denied to me that he ever touched her. I could quote what he told her word for word as he was with her. Was he ok? It's the same thing. If someone is not in a position to make a mature and rational decision as to how best to mind themselves then it is up to others not to take advantage of their vulnerability.
    This aspect of Irish society frightens and shames me. It's a sad time for the Kingdom.

he did not work in the club. he worked in the chip shop on the door. Also where they were found was right behind the garda station wall

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I hope there is an appeal. If not the "supporters" will just argue that he was not given a second chance. But if he loses an appeal will they admit his guilt ?. No chance.

Why do I have this vision of his supporters reading this & texting each other to say "your turn" or "write this".

The victim should leave Listowel, not to hide away but because she deserves to be with better people.

• Advertisement

Amande wrote: »
    Yes there is more to this story that a large portion of the people in listowel and north Kerry know and when it comes out then those people who have been slated will be proven correct in there actions.

Ah here we go again. The old chestnut, "theres more to this story.....". Why didn't it come out in his trial? Was he hoping to be convicted and make the money to pay her off from the money he will make from book sales? FFS.

So when will it come out then? Appeal? So far leave to appeal is only granted when there can be a proven miscarriage of justice or misrepresentation of material facts. Not likely. So far the only appeal that is likely to happen is to the length of sentence, Which is as good as saying "ok hands up, I did it but could ye cut the sentence a bit for me please?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

yea, there seems to be lots of yarns being banded about.

my favourite has to be that he first dragged her from the night club by the hair and then bashed her over the head with a bottle before throwing her over his shoulder and heading off to this secluded place to rape her before dumping her in a skip.did I leave something out........... oh yea he had a gun to her head !!!!! it really is pathetic how people can change a story and make it more dramatic.

You're right that is pathetic. Nice to see we havent seen any of that shít posted here.

Again I have to ask why wasn't any of this brought up in his trial? Its bull and you all know it. Unsubstantiated rumour and a perceived reputation is all these "actions" come down to. Its absolutely disgusting behaviour and every single last one of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Feel free to continue to ignore this very, very relevant point because it doesn't fit in with your "she's a slag who lead him on " theory.
    And just to add the 50 or so who shook his hand were not all men but consisted of ex girfriends, uncles, aunts,cousins and girls he worked with.
    not just middle aged men.

Ah well then he's definitely innocent. I mean who ever heard of a criminal who had relatives say "no way, I know him, he's not like that". What a shame he didn't have you on his legal team. He'd be a free man now, no doubt about it.

Ah here we go again. The old chestnut, "theres more to this story.....". Why didn't it come out in his trial? Was he hoping to be convicted and make the money to pay her off from the money he will make from book sales? FFS.

it couldnt come out in his trial at the time because of the implications to others. ask your self the question why her parents are telling everyone the meet that it was there daughter who was the girl involved and now they are going for the money !!!!!!!!!!
    I am totally horified for any victim of a sexual crime but this lady is a piece of work and you need to trust me on this as I know what I am talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

it couldnt come out in his trial at the time because of the implications to others...
    I am totally horified for any victim of a sexual crime but this lady is a piece of work and you need to trust me on this as I know what I am talking about.

Do you? Well thats good. I am so glad for you. So you join boards and your only posts are to defend someone convicted of sexual assault. How exactly do you know what your talking about? How do you know him? If you want to spout this nonsense at least be prepared to back yourself up. What implications for others?

it couldnt come out in his trial at the time because of the implications to others. ask your self the question why her parents are telling everyone the meet that it was there daughter who was the girl involved and now they are going for the money !!!!!!!!!!

Now who is making stuff up to be dramatic. Pathetic. She has every right to sue him if thats what she wants. He sexually assaulted her. Have you any idea how devastating that is? How that affects the rest of your life? She will need counselling and possibly medication.

Why on earth would we trust you? He was found guilty of sexual assault. Guilty by a jury of his peers. Accept it. The fact that you don't like this girl is entirely irrelevant.

As for you being horrified for any victim of sexual assault. I find you and your mates so utterly offensive but you know what...I honestly hope it never happens to you and that you don't have to go through the ordeal of seeking a conviction and all the complications that arise from that, as is being experienced by this girl.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Edit: Implications to others? So Danny Foley is going to risk a conviction because he cant mention names that will prove his innocence. What utter bull.

• Advertisement

I say pay her Amande. Take the flipping roof from over their heads. UNCONSCIOUS. She was unconscious. End of story. She deserves every penny and more. Nothing she may have ever done before or accused anyone of before or tried to elicit from his parents (I have heard all the rumours and believe them all to be utter horse****e) makes any difference. HE DID IT.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Now who is making stuff up to be dramatic. Pathetic.

Why on earth would we trust you? He was found guilty of sexual assault. Guilty by a jury of his peers. Accept it. The fact that you don't like this girl is entirely irrelevant.

As for you being horrified for any victim of sexual assault. I find you and your mates so utterly offensive but you know what...I honestly hope it never happens to you and that you don't have to go through the ordeal of seeking a conviction and all the complications that arise from that, as is being experienced by this girl.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

so you are one of these people that believes every person convicted of a crime is guilty !! I know both parties involved and the types of people they are. has this been her first time down this road????

so you are one of these people that believes every person convicted of a crime is guilty !! I know both parties involved and the types of people they are. has this been her first time down this road????

I believe when the evidence is there as it was in this case.

If you've something to say just come out and say it. All this "oooh I know but I cant say but you have to trust me" is so childish and pathetic. You think she's a slag. We get it. Well done for you. But I'll tell you this, even if she has shagged every fella in the country, nobody has the right to do what Danny Foley did. No matter how nice he is to you and your mates on a night out.

Yes. If someone is convicted, they are guilty. Sort of a no brainer really. CCTV. A judge denouncing him.

Your last sentence disgusts me.

I say pay her Amande. Take the flipping roof from over their heads. UNCONSCIOUS. She was unconscious. End of story. She deserves every penny and more. Nothing she may have ever done before or accused anyone of before or tried to elicit from his parents (I have heard all the rumours and believe them all to be utter horse****e) makes any difference. HE DID IT.

look it was never said she was unconscious, asleep or semi conscious is what was said in the evidence. what if those rumours were true and this was just another scam....what then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

It never fails to amaze me why someone would come on to a forum, anonymously, having never posted before, defend a sexual predator, slander his victim, based all on slurs they won't themselves repeat....

....and expect people to take them seriously.

P.

look it was never said she was unconscious, asleep or semi conscious is what was said in the evidence. what if those rumours were true and this was just another scam....what then?

Asleep or semi-conscious still doesnt equal consent. No matter what you and your buds think, he is responsible for his actions. Him and him alone.

So basically you're saying the CCTV footage is wrong and the guard who caught him in the act is wrong? Why is that? Because you think she's a slag?

Why did he lie when he was caught? Answer me that.

Oh yeah. I frequently doze off while engaged in outdoor sexual activities with men on tarmac by skips behind Garda Stations. Doesn't everyone? It's called being paralytic. He took advantage. Don't play semantics. The facts were well established.

Asleep or semi-conscious still doesnt equal consent. No matter what you and your buds think, he is responsible for his actions. Him and him alone.

So basically you're saying the CCTV footage is wrong and the guard who caught him in the act is wrong? Why is that? Because you think she's a slag?

Why did he lie when he was caught? Answer me that.

what did the cctv show

what did the cctv show

It showed him carrying her to the area that they were found in. When he was caught by the guard he said he had found her there when he went to take a piss. Basically he lied his ass of and only fessed up when he knew the cctv footage proved he was a liar.

Why would an innocent person lie?

• Advertisement

what did the cctv show
    Are you for real?? Him CARRYING her semi conscious behind a skip where a gaurd FOUND them. Hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

what did the cctv show

Enough to assist the jury in reaching its decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bock the Robber

Amande is attempting to re-try the case here. This is a standard tactic and it isn't a good plan to play along with this kind of trick by trying to defend the evidence. Foley was found guilty and that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 seaniemammy

She was not unconcious the whole time, funnily enough she just remembers the bit where she said no

She was not unconcious the whole time, funnily enough she just remembers the bit where she said no

Well you know what, all that matters is that she said no.

Please bear in mind as well that she didn't run to the nearest Garda station and report the crime. He was found hunched over her semi naked body by the Gardai. So the Gardai certainly thought there was something amiss in the situation. And also bear in mind how hard that would have been given how hugely well known and popular he is. A guard would think twice before forming this opinion. Security guards work hand in hand with the Gardai every night they work. They generally know each other and have to get along on a professional basis. It would take alot of evidence for the Gardai to believe this nice guy was doing something dodgy here. But they did.

In fact I heard a rumour that he only handed himself into the station the next day when a buddy of his in the Gardai phoned him to warn him that the CCTV had been found and that it didn't support his story.

It showed him carrying her to the area that they were found in. When he was caught by the guard he said he had found her there when he went to take a piss. Basically he lied his ass of and only fessed up when he knew the cctv footage proved he was a liar.

Why would an innocent person lie?

It showed them walking from the night club to an alcove then it shows them walking to the carpark where he is seen carrying her in his arms before he put her down on her feet and she then walked to the wall beside the skip at the back of the garda station where they were found. it also shows him leaving her on 3 occasions to go to the toilet before the gardai arrive. it shows them smoking sitting by the wall.
    he lied because he had a girlfriend at the time and she had a boyfriend who was a thug.
    He went to the garda station the following day before and charges or before any cctv footage was shown and told them he had lied and that he was with her.

It showed them walking from the night club to an alcove then it shows them walking to the carpark where he is seen carrying her in his arms before he put her down on her feet and she then walked to the wall beside the skip at the back of the garda station where they were found. it also shows him leaving her on 3 occasions to go to the toilet before the gardai arrive. it shows them smoking sitting by the wall.
    he lied because he had a girlfriend at the time and she had a boyfriend who was a thug.
    He went to the garda station the following day before and charges or before any cctv footage was shown and told them he had lied and that he was with her.

You mean when he was informed that there was CCTV footage?

It doesn't matter if they were each in relationships...why would he lie to a member of the gardai. You're seriously clutching at straws here.

You mean when he was informed that there was CCTV footage?

It doesn't matter if they were each in relationships...why would he lie to a member of the gardai. You're seriously clutching at straws here.

no he was not inform for several weeks until the book of evidence was presented that there was cctv

• Advertisement

no he was not inform for several weeks until the book of evidence was presented that there was cctv

Ah so my unsubstantiated rumour isn't acceptable but all of yours are?

Look lads, whether you like it or not, he's been found guilty. The evidence was there and he's now in prison. And rightly so.

If you had any decency you would stop this terrible treatment of that girl and let her get on with her, already damaged, life, instead of posting lies about her on the internet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement