Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these Kerrymen for real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

baubl wrote: »
    From living with with him, I should be able to judge whether he has respect for females or not, as they say anyone who is good to their mother is bound to have respect for others, also how they interact with sisters and sisters friends when they are round at the house, should be a good indicator, I have to say I do not know these people, also if these people wanted and did not want to support, they did not have to

Jaysus, I don't know why we bother with the expense of having a justice system, trials and prisons. Sure, just ask someone's mammy how they are.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

From living with with him, I should be able to judge whether he has respect for females or not

Oh you use to live with Dan Foley?

I take it that makes you one of those many ex-girlfriends who have leapt to his defense...in the hopes that he may love them once again....?

Living with someone doesn't mean jack. I lived with someone who was viewed as being a lovely man. Turns out he was a complete waster, cheat, alcoholic and liked to roar and punch walls when I wouldn't give him a fiver. He was out the door straight away when I saw that side to him.

People like Dan can only show the nice side for so long.
    Eventually the mask falls.
    The true colours are revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

I don't think the 50 or so people who shook his hand and hugged him were trying to condone his actions. I do believe they were trying to show support to his family. Even the victim commented that it felt more like a funeral home than a courtroom. Its just my opinion but I think they were commiserating with him and all the while believing his line of BS that he didn't do it. But they were the age group of his parents. It was a show of sympathy for his family from what local mutterings I can hear. It was wrong.

This kind of thing happens all the time in rape and sexual assault cases. I remember a few years ago a similar story except the woman was raped while being driven home by a man she knew. He said as usual it was consensual and that she had cried rape because her husband had clicked that she had been with him. The entire village (only a stones-throw from Listowel) said what a lovely fella he was and what a bitch she was. The usual rumours were circulated. There had been previous attempts to "catch" some poor fella like this. (There hadn't). She had approached his family offering to drop charges in exchange for a large sum of money. (She didn't). She was a slapper and a slut. (She wasn't). She was drunk. (She was but so was he.). Eventually the woman moved with her family to live elsewhere.

This is standard procedure for how Kerry treats it's rape and sexual assault victims and not news at all. It is a horrifying thing that is dawning on me but most Kerry women accept that this is how it is done and row in behind the accused and not the victim. Backwater boghopping mindsets that blame the victim only drag us further into the muck.

Sorry, I do not even know the individual, foley, but what i see in the papers he is a big muscular person, who would be able to overpower a person quiet quickly, shurley she knew the kind of person he was, she must be going to the nightclubs there for the past seven years, and by now know that is the type of person he is,

She did. Thats why she didn't want to ride him and said NO. Thats why he slung her over his shoulder and carried her anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Sorry, I do not even know the individual, foley, but what i see in the papers he is a big muscular person, who would be able to overpower a person quiet quickly, shurley she knew the kind of person he was, she must be going to the nightclubs there for the past seven years, and by now know that is the type of person he is,

Well most of us dont assume that the big muscular fella is a sexual attacker.
    I really don't get why its so hard for people on this thread to understand that sexual offenders dont go around with a tattoo on their foreheads so women can avoid them, the fact that you know a person on a friendly basis doesn't mean they aren't capable of assault, and a group of relatives and locals showing support doesn't mean the convicted criminal is actually innocent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

From living with with him, I should be able to judge whether he has respect for females or not, as they say anyone who is good to their mother is bound to have respect for others, also how they interact with sisters and sisters friends when they are round at the house, should be a good indicator, I have to say I do not know these people, also if these people wanted and did not want to support, they did not have to

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm with you on the confused bit. You are totally contradicting yourself baubl

since they both come from the same locality, and places like that every one know everyone, which means she should be on her guard, did she not say she forgot alot of what happened, was she drunk or had other substance in her system
    :mad:

Yawn. I am so sick of hearing that he has the right to do what he wants to her because she was too drunk to stop him

For the last time tonight. Then I am going to bed.

A man that does anything of a sexual nature to or with a woman who is unconscious or semi-conscious is a PREDATOR. Good night all. This debate just goes round a revolving door of the same backward muck-savage thought-processes. I'm getting off the roundabout for tonight. Don't get dizzy now y'all there could be some fella out there waiting to take advantage of you in your dizzy state.

I think the poster was referring to his brother which he gave as an example of knowing someone couldnt do it.

since they both come from the same locality, and places like that every one know everyone, which means she should be on her guard, did she not say she forgot alot of what happened, was she drunk or had other substance in her system

First of all, AGAIN, he didn't have a sign on his forehead saying sexual attacker. He wasn't a known sex offender in the area. Chances are she didn't think he'd be capable either as they had known each other since she was 13 years old. This merely serves to proves the point that you can't ever tell. Also, I really really hate this attitude of "she shoudl be on her guard", if a man decides he's going to assault a woman, there's very little she can do to stop it. Placing the blame on her is offensive and backwards.

Secondly, yes she was drunk. She remembers enough to know that she said no and thats all that matters.

you seem to be getting very angry with me on this, I was questioning why the loss of memory, what caused this, was her drink spiked

Lots of people have memory loss after a night out. One of the way in which alcohol affects many but not all people.

The reason people are getting annoyed is simply that you appear to prefer to place the blame on the victim. Its a very backwards, outdated and unfair attitude.

• Advertisement

you seem to be getting very angry with me on this, I was questioning why the loss of memory, what caused this, was her drink spiked

I'm angry because you and others are questoning the integrity of a victim. Standing up for a criminal. As for been angry at you: I think your posts just spout ignorance... she should have known better? Get real. I'm seriously beginning to think you are just troling to get a reaction. I live in Listowel and the abuse this woman has been subjected to for been attacked is disgusting. If you want to keep defending it go right ahead.Oh and before you say anything I have just moved to Listowel and I do not know either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

since they both come from the same locality, and places like that every one know everyone, which means she should be on her guard

It would be nice if in your own local you could relax with the people from your home town and not be on your guard.

People do know everybody, small towns sure as hell do talk.
    The gossip in my home town...Jaysus....I could easily write a soap opera!
    Just because they all know each other and now the odd wee secret about folks, doesn't mean they know what goes on inside peoples head.

It doesn't mean they know someone is capable of sexual assault.

And if he is such a "lovely,nice" man that everybody in the town likes....then why shouldn't she feel safe around him. Why would anyone have up their guard against such a "lovely" person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Amande

cyning wrote: »
    I'm angry because you and others are questoning the integrity of a victim. Standing up for a criminal. As for been angry at you: I think your posts just spout ignorance... she should have known better? Get real. I'm seriously beginning to think you are just troling to get a reaction. I live in Listowel and the abuse this woman has been subjected to for been attacked is disgusting. If you want to keep defending it go right ahead.Oh and before you say anything I have just moved to Listowel and I do not know either of them.

Sorry but I also live in Listowel and have done all my life, The reason this lady seems to be getting abuse for the locals has nothing to do with her being attacked, its to do with the way she and her family are carrying on discussing this at every oppurtunity and boasting about what they have achieved and what they are going to do next.
    she is playing the victim so well to the media and then the locals are left with the real person who is boasting about how she got Foley put away and how much they are going to make from this. Over the weekend her father assulted a guy in a bar because he asked him to keep it down when the he and his friends were slating the foley family and how they were going to clean them out.

not a place for such discussions

sad really

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Amande wrote: »
    The reason this lady seems to be getting abuse for the locals has nothing to do with her being attacked, its to do with the way she and her family are carrying on discussing this at every oppurtunity and boasting about what they have achieved and what they are going to do next.
    she is playing the victim so well to the media and then the locals are left with the real person who is boasting about how she got Foley put away and how much they are going to make from this. Over the weekend her father assulted a guy in a bar because he asked him to keep it down when the he and his friends were slating the foley family and how they were going to clean them out.

Good for her. If some guy tried to do to me (or someone I loved) what he did to her my instinct would be to gouge his eyes out and once he was blind I would kick him in the groin hard, over and over until he choked on his own vomit and his penis never worked again. If I didn't manage to do that my husband, dad, brothers and uncles would want tear him limb, from bloody limb. I couldn't care less that it was illegal and I'd spend time in jail. The reason I'd feel like that is because it is so bloody hard to get a rape/sexual assault conviction.

But she did it! This nasty, evil scumbag violated her and would have done more if he hadn't been caught in the act and she had him put away. If she wants to sing it from the rooftops, fair bloody play to her. If she wants to take an ad out in the national newspapers saying 'na na na na na' good for her. And after what the scum people who shook his hand in front of her did, I salute her if she wants to dine out on this for the rest of her life. Let her do the talk show circuit, write a book, get paid by the papers for her story all she wants. If she can take anything from this that will help her for the rest of her life she is more than entitled.

So far though it all sounds like a load of crap. She would make far more money if she disclosed her identity and got an agent. With the crap that's happened following his conviction she could make hundreds of thousands if not millions out of this. Someone like Max Clifford would have her flown first class to Chicago by Oprah. Yet so far her biggest concern is trying to live her life in peace. She has sent messages to her support groups asking them to cancel support rallies and wind down their operations as it is stopping her get back to normal. Not the actions of a woman who is out for a quick buck.

But you didn't know that, did you? You just want to lurch from BS excuse to BS excuse to justify your own support for a sex offender. Well it won't work on anybody here.

sad really

Your the one that is sad... you are still defending a sex offender. Everyting Iguana said is correct. Look at it objectively and you might see what the whole country sees. Danny Foley attacked her. He took her behind a skip and assaulted her. There are no excuses. And NOTHING she has done is sad.

Sorry but I also live in Listowel and have done all my life, The reason this lady seems to be getting abuse for the locals has nothing to do with her being attacked, its to do with the way she and her family are carrying on discussing this at every oppurtunity and boasting about what they have achieved and what they are going to do next.

sad really

Wow. Thats incredible. So the girl gets sexually assaulted and her family are meant to keep their mouths shut? She is the victim. Not Danny fúcking Foley. Fair play to her dad for only wanting to go after his money because I can assure you, my father would be out for a lot more than that, as would most I would imagine.

She has a lot to be proud of in getting him put away. Its so hard to get a conviction on these things but she did it. Fair play to her. She has every right to be happy with the fact that the man who has ruined her life (and believe me, he has) has gotten his just desserts and now won't be able to hurt anyone else.

Again, all your crap comes down to is "Poor Danny Foley, sure he wouldn't hurt a fly and she's nothing but a slut."

Small town mentality is scary and sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

sad really

I have just re read the victim's press conference & it shows a young woman behaving with great courage & dignity which are words that you & your friends will never understand.

Now when you Google "Listowel Ireland" you get this on the first page:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/gene-kerrigan/gene-kerrigan-listowel-scandal-smells-of-older-shameful-ireland-1982439.html

It's a good article. You & your 49 friends have done wonders for Kerry tourism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Sorry but I also live in Listowel

Reading your other posts I'd say your not the only one that's sorry you live there. Shocking reading. You and your 49 mates are giving the town some name.

"she is playing the victim"? This thread is a real eye opener.

sad really

Amande the facts are as follow... She IS the victim, she is not just PLAYING the victim. And Mr Foley is most certainly the perpretator. And why shouldn't she go after money out of Foley? Goodness knows he has already spread enough evil gossip that that was the only reason she took the case in the first place. I'd say she heard it back and thought to herself "Yeah, feck it, if I'm being accused of doing it for the money I may as well take a civil case and get myself something for my troubles." And by your take on things they should almost be ashamed of themselves and hang their heads in the pub. I work in a public office where lots of people are discussing this case in front of me without realising I hear them and I can tell you, you would not dare contradict his supporters to their faces because however rough you and your cronies say her family are his supporters are the scum of the earth. Low life, continuity IRA, violent wife beating assholes seem to be the market segment that support Foley and his crowd. Not decent people with good moral compasses. The kind of cute hoors this county could do without in this day and age. I hear exactly the same people as support Foley critisize victims of clerical abuse. Throwing exactly the same muck. "Ah sure they're only in it for the money. I know his sister and she says nothing ever happenned to him."

Your attitudes are one of the reasons victims are afraid to come forward and seek justice. How does that feel? It should feel sad. You should be the one that feels ashamed. I would love to see a Foley supporter go away and actually read and inform themselves of the facts instead of flinging the same auld ****e around. I would love to see ye lose your love of victimisation. I would love to see ye see her as a real person, who must surely have known road she was heading down was going to be horrible because of people like you and attitudes like yours. But she still was couragious enough to persevere. Most of all what disgusts me is the glee with which ye readily seek to ruin her reputation. And don't say it was already bad because if it were you wouldn't need to be in here telling us what a slag you think she is because we'd already know it. You waste your time here. You will make no converts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Honestly the cowards here, making snide unspoken allegations about the victim, and offering unspecified "facts" about the case that will apparently eventually exorate this thug are becoming another embarssment to the people of Kerry.

Man the feck up, state your charges against the victim, and tell us the facts that will clear this vicious thick necked bastard's name. Or shut the hell up.

He was convicted by a jury of his peers, on overwhelming evidence, and testimony.

Accept it, your "decent mammy's boy" is a violent sexual predator. Stop villifying a woman who had the courage to bring him to justice, and shame on your neighbours for their behaviour in court. And shame on those posters who have turned up here trying to defend him and engaged in a whisper campaign on that poor woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

what will you and everybody else say if he is cleared on appeal and the rumours are found to be true???? mmmm i wonder

In addition to what Diogenes and Chinafoot have so astutely pointed out (volunteering any new evidence necessary to clear Foley's name), wild rumours, hearsay, gossip and nasty preconceptions DO NOT COUNT AS VALID EVIDENCE!:mad::mad:

Seriously, any posters on this forum who defended Foley, whether they were trolling or being serious, you are just beneath contempt. I heard the mother speaking on the Gerry Ryan show the day that the story broke, the pain in her voice almost broke me. the 50 people who shook foley's hand plus the others who wilfully ignored the case proceedings and attacked the girl are just horrible, mean-spirited human garbage. Rot in ****ing hell the lot of you.

classybird.jpg

A sizeable portion of the country knows who Danny Foley is now, and for what he is as well: a scumbag.

(thanks for the screen capture, Oceanclub, tried accessing this group on facebook to try and see what sort of twisted logic his supporters were using, but it had been quite rightly removed!)

Don't forget this one.

ScreenShot156.jpg

Discodog wrote: »
    Don't forget this one.

ScreenShot156.jpg

might want to show that to the gardai actually, just in case these scumbags try to escalate their pathetic little campaign against the woman (physical assualt/arson attack). it's not like they're above these sort of tactics:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

You see them on the Streets, stained vest holding in the many muffin folds, sunburnt shoulders glowing pink, hitting their Kids and slurping out of Supermacs cups, you see their little weasel eyes dull and staring and avoid them as they shout at each other on the way to collect the income you have earned them.

God Bless the sexual assault Apologist inbreds of Listowel, you are something allright - We've just yet to decide what it is that you are......

might want to show that to the gardai actually, just in case these scumbags try to escalate their pathetic little campaign against the woman (physical assualt/arson attack). it's not like they're above these sort of tactics:mad:

I believe on good authority that parties representing the victim have copies of this. Luckily intelligent posters here copied it before it was deleted together with all the other votes of support together with the facebook photos of the posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Raiser wrote: »
    You see them on the Streets, stained vest holding in the many muffin folds, sunburnt shoulders glowing pink, hitting their Kids and slurping out of Supermacs cups, you see their little weasel eyes dull and staring and avoid them as they shout at each other on the way to collect the income you have earned them.

Where is this place?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

God you are a drama queen! Trying to outdo John B. are we?
    Then of course those who questioned the verdict in the Birmingham 6/ Guildford 4 cases were murdering IRA bastards, weren't they?

He's the Birmingham 6 now? Did they have mitigating video evidence.

The sex offender's where he belongs. let it go.

God you are a drama queen! Trying to outdo John B. are we?
    Then of course those who questioned the verdict in the Birmingham 6/ Guildford 4 cases were murdering IRA bastards, weren't they?

that is NOT a valid comparison!
    whereas there was a lot of ambiguity + corruption involved with the birmingham 6 and guildford 4 cases, there was none of that involved with this case.open and shut.he was convicted fair and square, deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

What's this new fashion for Appeals?

Is it because they are free?

- Do the Members of the Legal profession involved talk them into it in the hope of making another €750,000 for a third Holiday Home, all at the Taxpayers expense?

Its the one thing that Catherine Nevin, Joe O'Reilly and this Leader of the Inbreds have in common..... All mad to get back into Court.....

- Although in this case I do understand the deep desire to get back to Court.... They've promised him beer, balloons, a soda stream machine and Limbo dancing this time around......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement