Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these Kerrymen for real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

God you are a drama queen! Trying to outdo John B. are we?
    Then of course those who questioned the verdict in the Birmingham 6/ Guildford 4 cases were murdering IRA bastards, weren't they?

There was an earlier reference to the IRA. Are you suggesting some affiliation as well ?. Your comparison is utterly stupid.

But it could be part of a plan in that if an appeal is refused or lost are you going to site Garda corruption ?. What will be your excuse ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Then of course those who questioned the verdict in the Birmingham 6/ Guildford 4 cases were murdering IRA bastards, weren't they?

Free the Listowel one!

Yes it's the greatest injustice in the history of injustice. I'm sure theres a perfectly innocent explanation for him dragging a woman half naked down the back of alley, with his lad out, and getting caught in the act. And sure I'll lay bets that "yer wan" used her contacts in Industrial Light and fecking Magic to computer generate those CCTV pictures. And sure don't the Garda always come down hard on Local GAA players hate them so they do.

Cop. On. Now. The differences between Dan Foley's sexual assault and the miscarriages justices that were the Birmingham 6/Guildford is like comparing brie with a JCB.

What new nonsense are you going to come out with next? Comparisons between Dan Foley and Nelson bleeding Mandela.... :rolleyes:

The only "link" I am suggesting is the fact that people who question any verdict, anywhere, are always vilified.

The only person being vilified is the victim. The abuse and viciousness from Dan Foley's supporters was reprehensible.

You may or may not be old enough to remember when the likes of me were out campaigning for the Guildford 4/Birmingham 6 and I for one was informed I was in danger of losing my job (civil service) because of it.

Yeah. And Right.

So you don't reckon the people who are questioning a verdict are being vilified?

No the manner in which they are doing, villfying the victim, and that disgusting display in court. And that priests behaviour.
    I'd hate to see you lot when you're angry!
    And what's right? Losing your job cos you stand up for something you believe in?

No I'll calling bull**** on your story on almost losing your job. Christ I know anarchist's who were there rioting at the orange order march in Dublin in a few years ago, who still have their jobs in the civil service.

You're talking pure nonsense. And comparing a campaign were a man has been convicted by a jury of his peers, of violent sexual assault, and the campaign to release him, which consists solely of smear tactics against the victim, with a genuine misscarriage of justice makes me sick.

Sling off. You're a shocking disagree of wretched excuse for a human being.

My goodness, I've never come accross such rudeness in my entire life. It's obvious that this thread anyway is inhabited by low lifes who can't have a rational argument without resorting to disgusting insults and name calling. Not for civilised people like me I'm afraid. Out of here! Happy new year to all you lovely people

Oh no did I hurt your ickle feelings. After the shocking vicious language deployed by Foley's friends in face book, I'd say you'd never even had the moral high ground.

Good riddance you apologist for a thick necked violent sexual predator, I hope he's having seven shades of **** kicked out him in Portlaoise Prison as we speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

My goodness, I've never come accross such rudeness in my entire life. It's obvious that this thread anyway is inhabited by low lifes who can't have a rational argument without resorting to disgusting insults and name calling. Not for civilised people like me I'm afraid. Out of here! Happy new year to all you lovely people

Ta ta, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out (as much as we want it to!)
    also, tell your cohorts that a majority of people think that they're scum too.

Not only has she gone but her last load of posts have as well !. Now I wonder if some of these "new" posters that have now disappeared will try to reappear with new names.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 seaniemammy

Actually I was trying to delete them all but seems I can't. I thought I was coming on to a forum where I could question and discuss, without being called a liar and accused of all sorts. I told you already. I don't know the man I don't know the woman. I don't have any cohorts. I don't even know the victim's name. I just am prepared to have an open mind and to wait for the outcome of the appeal instead of slating a whole town whose people have been very kind to us and who would certainly never speak to a lady as you people would. Seems I was wrong, but you probably still think it's some sort of conspiracy, so I'll leave ye to it

Why go ?. You have only come here to post on one issue & in one forum. Why delete your posts ?. You said them so surely you stand by them.
    Be proud of what you said & leave your comments as a long term legacy. Just like the others will be proud of their facebook comments that can now return to haunt them at any time - pic & all.

I assume that you do not consider the victim to be a lady ?. Because many in the town have treated her far worse than anyone here has ever treated you.

To be honest I was quite upset by the comments against me and just wanted out. I never had anything to do with those people on facebook. I don't know any of them either. I just like conversation and debate. I live in the town (only recently) and that is why I was looking at different forums about the issue. The picture of the people painted in the posts is just so far removed from my experience.

• Advertisement

Btw I have no idea whether the victim is a lady or not, having never met her

You know the town so well, you know it's people so well yet you have only moved their recently.

I only know that they have treated us really well, as strangers. They have made us feel really welcome and just been generally lovely. I have not discussed this issue at length with any of them, knowing that it would be very sensitive plus I wouldn't know whom I was talking to or how they felt

You just don't get the fact that you have deliberately tried albeit with careful language to cast doubt on his conviction. You have also decided to introduce the idea that a few drinks, a kiss & cuddle mean OK to have sex. I like many others here have been on Boards.ie for a while. When you posts you accept that people may react to what you are saying. In your case the majority here take great exception to your words. You said that you came here with an open mind yet you have never spoken in support of the victim & have taken every opportunity to throw spurious suspicions & gossip into the mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

Btw I have no idea whether the victim is a lady or not, having never met her

:confused::confused::confused:

i think the gender of the victim has been well established by now.

I don't accept that. The way I see it, I just said hold on people, don't be calling a whole town horrible names, boycotting it etc. It's not over yet. Maybe there is something in this appeal. Let's just wait and see. But because I didn't just go with the crowd, I was assumed to be a supporter of Foley. Btw I have expressed my feelings on a facebook page (or whatever you call it) in support of the victim, as no matter what came out of the appeal, I would not agree with anyone abusing anyone. I fully agree that that is just wrong.

You keep going on about this appeal. I have asked this question before so I will ask again. If there is no appeal or an appeal does not change the verdict will you except that Foley is 100% guilty of a nasty crime ?.

I don't accept that. The way I see it, I just said hold on people, don't be calling a whole town horrible names, boycotting it etc. It's not over yet. Maybe there is something in this appeal. Let's just wait and see. But because I didn't just go with the crowd, I was assumed to be a supporter of Foley. Btw I have expressed my feelings on a facebook page (or whatever you call it) in support of the victim, as no matter what came out of the appeal, I would not agree with anyone abusing anyone. I fully agree that that is just wrong.

You're clearly an apologist for this toe rag. You're a recent subscriber to this forum, and you've only posted on this thread.

You've made an ugly insunination that it is partially her fault for getting drunk, an argument that is something out of the sodding dark ages.

What new evidence is going to emerge at this junction?
    What could have been missed in the last 18 months? You and the filth like you, have just made snide insinations about her character, and defended Foleys honour, I've seen and heard nothing that could exonerate him. All I've seen is scum, and you are scum, defending this guy, slandering the victim, and drawing daft comparsions to genuine misscarriages of justice.

Foley was an embarssment to Listowel, but the actions of you and other members on the internet, and in the media have amplified that shame a thousand fold.

Crawl away and go and hid in whatever hole you came from.

Discodog wrote: »
    You keep going on about this appeal. I have asked this question before so I will ask again. If there is no appeal or an appeal does not change the verdict will you except that Foley is 100% guilty of a nasty crime ?.
    Absoilutely Discodog, I'll be baying for blood like the rest of ye.
    (I'll ignore the last post, since he is clearly a yob, incapable of rational conversation.

Actually I was trying to delete them all but seems I can't. I thought I was coming on to a forum where I could question and discuss, without being called a liar and accused of all sorts.

You're getting called a liar, because you've told lies. Nearly lost a civil service job over your guillford campaign? Piss off.

You're getting accused of all sorts because you're making insinuations about the character of the victim, and trying to justify Foley's behaviour. "Sure they both had drink in them, it's in a way both their faults?"

Piss off.

You don't like people calling you names. Take a look in the mirror. You're getting called scum because you are scum and you're scum for trying to justify his crimes and the actions of his friends in the aftermath.

• Advertisement

Absoilutely Discodog, I'll be baying for blood like the rest of ye.
    (I'll ignore the last post, since he is clearly a yob, incapable of rational conversation.

You're a liar. And now you're trying to crawl off and delete some of the reprehensible stuff you're written here.

Coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Actually I was trying to delete them all but seems I can't. I thought I was coming on to a forum where I could question and discuss.

Seeing as this is a public forum, you are responsible for what you post.
    If you don't want something up for the public to see then it's probably best if you don't type it in the first place.

You can't delete posts after 2 days I do believe.
    If you wish for your posts to be deleted after this time you have to speak to the relavent Moderator. They can help you out with the matter.

Yeah, lack of experience. I just wanted out when I got so much abuse. I'm not used to it, being very placid

Yeah, lack of experience. I just wanted out when I got so much abuse. I'm not used to it, being very placid

In fairness the motto is "attack the post, not the poster".
    But sometimes that line can get blurred.

Everyone has different views on things. Some feel very passionate about them. Esp when it comes to issues like this.
    Seeing as you have only posted in this thread about this topic(as far as I can see that is), alot of people would be under the assumption you are deliberately stirring things.

Boards is a good place, with some pretty damn amazing people I have to say!
    You don't have to leave the website just because you get abuse/people disagreeing with your view on things.
    Check out the other forums and put this all down to experience.

I have not agreed with alot...well the majority really of what you have said. That doesn't meant to say you are a bad person.
    I just think some of your views on issues would need a bit of a reality check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

You may be surprised at the information which comes out.
    Everything after that I am prepared to wait for the appeal to sift through and see if any of the rumours are true, if any credence can be given to the man's version.
    No matter how may times people are told there is more to the story, which I really hope will come out in the appeal, they have their own views about a town they know nothing about. People cannot discuss the story in full until and unless the facts are proven in court.

Now seaniemammy, I appreciate that you take umbrage to people using this conviction to slate everyone in Listowel. Not everyone believes the entire population is scum. Equally, just because your experience of Listowel has been entirely positive doesn't mean the entire population is wonderful. How many times have we heard testimonials from neightbours of convicted criminals where they claim they were "the salt of the earth" or "a really lovely guy"? Does that mean they're innocent? Absolutely not.

The above quoted posts, particularly those in bold, are the reason you are getting slated here. You are going with the line that this girls reputation makes her a liar.

As has already been pointed out to yourself and Amande, if there was more to this story (as you both repeatedly claimed) it would have come out during his trial. Nobody is going to go into a trial with so much evidence against them and not tell the whole story. If there was something that proved his innocence it would have been presented. The fact is, there was nothing. Rumour and gossip are not evidence. They are disgusting traits evident in all small towns all over the world and this case has highlighted just how harmful such things can be.

The evidence proved her story. He was convicted of sexual assault. To claim that it was her own fault for putting herself in that situtation (which by the way is so utterly offensive to anyone who has ever been sexually assaulted), to insinuate that she can't be trusted to tell the truth and to then claim you know neither party is, quite frankly, abhorrent. You accuse us of not knowing the full story and then you buy into the rumour mill that she's a tramp and aliar. Thats absolutely baffling.

Fair enough Toni, that's just the type of criticism I would expect from a mature and dignified adult. Thanks for the advice

I repeat Chinafoot, all I was saying was that we should wait and see. There are all sorts of stories flying about, we should, as I said, wait and see if any of them are true. That's what I hope happens at the appeal, if there is one. Nowhere did I say I knew anything about this girl. I will repeat, ad nauseum, I don't even know her name.

Fair enough Toni, that's just the type of criticism I would expect from a mature and dignified adult. Thanks for the advice

From Chinafoots post there...you can see why some people(including myself) have gotten very bothered/annoyed/upset by it all.
    When it comes to a subject like this, you have to think very carefully and take into account others feelings on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I repeat Chinafoot, all I was saying was that we should wait and see. There are all sorts of stories flying about, we should, as I said, wait and see if any of them are true. That's what I hope happens at the appeal, if there is one. Nowhere did I say I knew anything about this girl. I will repeat, ad nauseum, I don't even know her name.

But can you not see that you're buying into rumour and completely ignoring the fact that anything that could possibly come out would have come out??

He had his trial, it was fair and just and he was convicted based on the evidence against him. There is nothing else.

• Advertisement

I repeat Chinafoot, all I was saying was that we should wait and see. There are all sorts of stories flying about, we should, as I said, wait and see if any of them are true.

With any case like this...or any criminal case, there will always be "stories" going about.
    Chinese whispers...were it goes from one end of the town to the other and loads of extra assumptions are thrown into the mix.

If any of those "stories" were in some way true or could have helped his case, then those people would have come forward. They didn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement