Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Santa grotto in/around town?

• 17-12-2009 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. I'm just wondering
    where in/around/near town has the best Santa's grotto/cave
    what price to visit
    do you get a present
    do you get a photo?

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

ok, not around town by any means, but aliwee caves is meant to be a great kids day out to meet santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

There is one in Briarhill Dunnes shopping centre. €5 and they give you a toy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

JJRocket wrote: »
    ok, not around town by any means, but aliwee caves is meant to be a great kids day out to meet santa.

This is what I was going to say too, apparently they go all out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

I'd love to find one that has the year painted in the grotto...

When we were kids we got santa photo every year and the photos always had the year in them. Have yet to see this in galway.

We have being going to the one in the Eyre St shopping centre... the Santa in there is very convincing (looking + voice), you'd do a double take to check if it is the real santa yourself :D .... he gives each kid few mintes asking them what they what etc.... worth it, but I just wish the had the year painted up.

I'm also looking for somewhere that will also give you a digital copy of the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

Bring your own digital camera and then Photoshop in the year.

In seriousness, I've yet to see one that uses digital cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

I heard theres a Grotto in Athenry Castle, supposed to be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement