Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New W7 build stutters after sleeping!

Options
  • 17-12-2009 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi there,
    Strange title, but pretty much what seems to happen. Got the setup built and all seems happy. But, walked off for dinner and came back to a blank screen, fine I though, just gone into screensaver and then sleep, however when I gave the mouse a kick the screen appears, then disappears, then bits reappear, then disappear...you get the idea. The mouse and keyboard respond but jumping all over the place due to the break in command sequence.
    To check I fired up the system again and walked away, and the same thing happened.

There is an error being listed on the ATI driver, but saying that its been fixed, and looking at the event log this is certainly what is happening during the problem.

Win7 64bit, didn't download updated ATI Sapphire 5770 drivers yet, primarily because I was fighting to get the wireless access point working so I could get internet access

Any suggestions? ideas?

Thanks

System: HAF922, Samsung 0.5TBx2, 4GB DDR3, i5, GA-P55A UD4, DVDRW, Sapphire 5770, Scythe zipang2(pain in the ass to fit), 650W Corsair HX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 shamdiver

Answering myself, always a bad sign.
    It appears that this, along with a big cursor, is a problem with the 5770. Quite a number of threads on different forums including AMD's. Not remotely clear if its driver related, hardware or a clash. I guess next time a search on 'problems with X' might be a good approach.
    It also seems to affect 5750, but nothing showing similar problem levels with the other 5000series!

Advertisement