Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Big 4" for Slane 2010....?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Wouldn't really be the type of bands you'd see at Slane usually. Great news to see they're giving it a go though (the 4 of them together that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

THey wouldn't sell slane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

yeah i think Montcharles(?) wouldnt want a ****load of metalheads thrashing his Castle.. Marlay Park is possible though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

THey wouldn't sell slane

Oh Yes They Would!*

* Pantomime time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Jesus, anywhere but Slane. The RDS arena would be fine for this, but given that Sonisphere UK is on during Ireland's august bank holiday weekend & that there were gigs in Marlay park over that weekend this year then maybe (maybe!) we'll see an Irish leg of that festival.

But...Metallica aren't playing Sonisphere UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anywhere but Slane or Marlay Park. RDS Arena would be pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

wouldn't go to Slane - will travel Europe, much less hassle......
    never thought they'd actually get this together - but it's not really the Big 4 touring at all is it - it's just that they are on a couple of Festival Dates........doesn't matter as it's really cool, but can't see it coming here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

If I had a free ticket I wouldn't even go.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Woah
    that would be ****ing awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

dont care were they play this would be an awesome concert. having seen Metallica in Marley park id go again even though getting in and out of the place was a nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

wow! that would be some gig! I havnt listened to much metal over the last 2 years, but id defo go to that gig if they come to ireland. I have only seen Megadeth out of the "big 4" (I couldnt go to the last 2 metallica gigs :mad:)

wont be at slane though. the button factory? Now that would be awesome!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

John Bush back in Anthrax? Anyone seen the 'tallica Mexico dvds yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Punchestown, Ozfest style?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Dr. Feelgood

Why would people not like to see this in Slane, it's a great outdoor venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

yeah i think Montcharles(?) wouldnt want a ****load of metalheads thrashing his Castle.. Marlay Park is possible though

Oasis and the Prodigy played at slane.

Thrashers are more respectable fans than Oasis and Prodigy fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

After weeks of rumors, the four bands have announced they'll take part in the traveling Sonisphere festival, starting June 16 in Warsaw and continuing June 19 in Prague. More Big Four Sonisphere performances are expected to be announced in the coming weeks; the festival's Web site (sonisphere.com) currently lists 15 dates, including two-night stands in Sofia, Bucharest, Istanbul, and Knebworth, U.K.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5BF0SD20091216?type=musicNews

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Why would people not like to see this in Slane, it's a great outdoor venue.

While it may well be a great outdoor venue, the sheer f**kin hassle of getting to/from it is not worth it. My brother & sister went to the Oasis gig last year and said the whole organisation around it was HOPELESS.

And let's face it, these bands wouldn't be able to fill that venue. Remember the "Tattoo The Planet" gig a few years back? Some great bands on that bill, but it could barely fill the Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Aye,Slane is indeed a bitch to get in and out of.My brother and his friends went up to Oasis and said it was nothing but havoc!

It's a shame there isn't alot more venues around the country!Sure **** it going out on a limb here but I think Thomond Park would be a good place for a gig..plus it would be a BIG change from Dublin..

That's my two cents worth anywho..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

And let's face it, these bands wouldn't be able to fill that venue. Remember the "Tattoo The Planet" gig a few years back? Some great bands on that bill, but it could barely fill the Point.

As far as i can remember ticket sales were excellent for that show but a lot of people pulled out once Pantera backed out. A good few of my mates didn't bother going,i went and got to see a savage Biohazard set and very good Slayer set.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'd much rather the likes of Testament than Metallica doing the runs with the other three to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I'd much rather the likes of Testament than Metallica doing the runs with the other three to be honest.

The big 4 is subjective I suppose...

Testament, Overkill, Exodus, Sacred Reich. The big 4!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

Pyr0 wrote: »

no way, Metallica + Slayer, awesome! Plus you might see Mustaine jammin on the bass with Metallica lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Great to see these new fresh bands getting together and giving it a lash...no wait...****ing YAWN

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

RonMexico wrote: »
    If I had a free ticket I wouldn't even go.
    I wouldn't go that far, I'd love to see Slayer and Anthrax. Don't like Metallica or Megadeth though, and I'd bet they have zero interaction during the show :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

wow! that would be some gig! I havnt listened to much metal over the last 2 years, but id defo go to that gig if they come to ireland. I have only seen Megadeth out of the "big 4" (I couldnt go to the last 2 metallica gigs :mad:)

wont be at slane though. the button factory? Now that would be awesome!!:D

:eek:
    The Button Factory is way way too small for these 4 big bands!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

wolfmoon87 wrote: »

It'd be some craic though!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

wolfmoon87 wrote: »

ha ha ha ha I can hear it now:

These legends of Metal, THE BIG FOUR - Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, & Anthrax play....

The Button Factory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

fartmaster wrote: »
    no way, Metallica + Slayer, awesome! Plus you might see Mustaine jammin on the bass with Metallica lol

I doubt he'd be playing bass. He'd fill in for Kirk if he was going playing with Metallica but I think that's highly unlikely even for one song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

I think they will probably stick to sonisphere and maybe if all goes well bring it to the US or England. Cant see them coming here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

the only way they would be playing Slane would be if the Sonisphere was announced for there........but I really really can't see it happening, Don't think Metallica will be in Europe after June and can't see them having Slane that early........

it's a bit cheeky saying that the Big4 are Touring - it's just that they are playing a few of the same Festivals............surely they would have to actually be out on the road together to call it a Tour ??

Advertisement