Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wheel alignment & balancing

• 17-12-2009 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone recommend anywhere in Dublin (preferably West) that won't cost the earth?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Dave McCann Tyres in Blanch. Got all 4 wheels balanced and alignment checked during the summer - think it was €60, can't remember. Had it been exorbitant I'm sure I would remember...I think.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Premier Pitstop off the Nangor Road did the 4 wheel alignment for me. I think they have the same equipment as Dave McCann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Gonna hijack this thread. Does anyone know how long such checks on wheels take? Would be handy if I could get it done during one of my lunch breaks.

I put new alloys on my car and just want to make sure they are ok.

Tracking, balancing and allingment etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

cjt156 wrote: »
    Dave McCann Tyres in Blanch. Got all 4 wheels balanced and alignment checked during the summer - think it was €60, can't remember. Had it been exorbitant I'm sure I would remember...I think.:o

+1. Gets lots of good comments on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭kravmaga

+1 for Dave Mc Cann tyres in Blanchardstown.

Top guy and the staff are professional and have competitive prices.....IMO would say between €50-€60 for wheel balancing and alignment......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Another vote for Dave McCann, it cost €35 for 2 tyres or €60 for all 4 to be done using laser wheel alignment.

Takes about 20 minutes. You do need to book in to get it done in McCann unless by the off chance they are not busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I booked ahead and was done & dusted in about 40 minutes.

(I may have been delayed on my return as there's a cafe next door where you can get a big durty brekkie and a mug of coffee while you wait - it also doubles as a paint and wallpaper shop, naturally...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

They're actually in the Coolmine Industrial estate. [From memory] Coming from Blanch (Clonsilla Road), pass the 4 way junction and proceed past the Spar on the left. Turn Right into the ind estate. Next right turn. 'can't miss it' as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Only place that I would bother going to do the work is Dave McCann, no problems and good service.

That is the reason why the place is packed all the time because they do the job correctly:)

Advertisement