Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marking targets ?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right im just a lowly dps but tanks dont like to mark . i dont like it much myself as i havent found a script that will give my target the skull icon . with the way instances now allow anyone to mark dose anyone know of a way i can just assign f1 for example to skull ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You can just go to the keybinding page and assign it there. Or...

script is GetRaidTargetIndex("target")==nil then SetRaidTargetIcon("target",1) end

The 2nd argument of SetRaidTargetIcon() is:
    1 - Star
    2 - Circle
    3 - Diamond
    4 - Triangle
    5 - Moon
    6 - Square
    7 - X
    8 - Skull
    0 - Remove raid icon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Anti wrote: »
    You can just go to the keybinding page and assign it there. Or...

script is GetRaidTargetIndex("target")==nil then SetRaidTargetIcon("target",1) end

The 2nd argument of SetRaidTargetIcon() is:
    1 - Star
    2 - Circle
    3 - Diamond
    4 - Triangle
    5 - Moon
    6 - Square
    7 - X
    8 - Skull
    0 - Remove raid icon

i never knew that thanks for the quick reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No probs, the macro thing i just pulled from google. No idea if it works as it could be horribly out dated.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

it works :)

as a matter of interest, anyone have a G15 keyboard and know if i can set up the g keys to do this instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i do but all i have bound to it at the moment is fishing, mount and a few /rw commands

Ill post when im istting in front of it at home later

By the way, you can bind raid target icons in interface/keybindings. You dont need to use that script above unless your macroing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Indeed - They noticed that many people used to use Addons for ease of marking and thus they enveloped their own in-game version which you can just bind to keys.

Blizzard do this quite regularly when it comes to popular/commonly used addons - It seems QuestHelper is one of the latest, now that we can track quests etc on the Map - Scrolling Combat Text was another they tried to absorb into the game but for the life of me, their version sucks elephant toenails and I'm still using the original SCT Addon.

Head on over to your Keybinds and it should be in there.

And rogue poisons now too :D Only had the poison swapper thing installed a couple of weeks/months

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Use th G15 keys mod from curse - gives you a wee widget with the extra 18 keys that you can assign macros/scripts to from within game, negating any chance that bad things (tm) happen.

Advertisement