Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadlink and Broadband

Options
  • 17-12-2009 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

My kids school have finally(!!!!) got broadband enabled at the local phone exchange, replacing a very crappy satellite system. However, despite being told that the line has been enabled at the exchange, they're not getting anything on the line.

The school has a Eircom Broadlink system which all the phone lines are physically routed through. Is it possible this box is getting in the way of the broadband signal?

They're desperate to get this sorted ASAP as the satellite system went down weeks ago.

The principal is getting onto Eircom today, but as their resident IT expert I wonder if anyone has any experience with a setup like this.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

I am not familiar with Broadlink but I know most systems that use hunting lines etc do interfere with DSL.
    Ideally there should be a separate line for the DSL that isolates it from exchanges etc.
    If possible can the phone system be unplugged and the DSL router plugged in by itself.
    Check what status you get on the DSL solid green/flashing green etc
    If its solid green then the phone system is interfering somehow otherwise it may be a line issue
    Make sure that the DSL is on the main drop point.
    If there is more than one line coming into the school make sure it is enabled on the right line.
    Test which number is which by plugging in a standard phone and dialing your mobile

Advertisement