Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank roll building from $100

Options
  • 17-12-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi guys

Just looking for your views on building a bankroll from $100 with regards to game selection and what levels i shuld be playing. I play sngs and MTTs mostly and have had a few big MTT wins this year but have had to withdraw it all for various things. Just wondering has anyone grown there bankroll from $100 and how best to do it.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

give Durr a bell, he could give you some tips.

that would be very hard. i'd probably go with $5 sit n gos. you only have 20 buyins but it wont make you go insane like 10nl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

red, black, black,black, red

$3200, robusto, EZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

What worked for me was playing $10 S&Gs with $100 until I had spun it up to $500 or busted. Then play 0.1/0.25 cash and hopefully never look back:)
    Although you're obv not rolled to play $10 STTs with $100 the standard is(or was) so terrible that its worth risking initial poor br management to quickly double or triple your roll rather than painfully spend months trying to grind $100 into something playable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Yeah small sit and gos are the way forward. With the help of Big Iain, I turned $100 into $600+ playing 18-mans on Stars. The $3.40 ones are the way to go. Also throw in a few $4 180-mans. You wouldn't believe how soft these are.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Don;t not play 10$ SnGs with 100€, you'll bust in no time. Nor should you consider playing .10/.25 with this roll. 3$ SnGs are the max you should go for on your roll.

How many tables you play at once?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

i multitable 15 tables at a time playin thr $3.40s on stars. I was playing higher but in these recessionary times cant afford to risk a whole lot online so was seeing this as a kind of a challenge. is there any good articles or training sites to join. i was a member of Sit and go grinders.com and that helped with the basic concept of beating these but as we all know at the $3.40 levels anything is possible ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

mwahahahahaa Where is the rent? I must have the rent! Dollars, dimes and nickels, I need them all right nowww...

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Plenty of training sites... Lego poker, cardrunners etc... Also pocketfives.com but that's a bit crap. 2+2 or course. Not sure you wanna 15 table 3.40s with sucha small roll though. It's basically stickin half your roll on the tables at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭singee88

as said $5 sit and gos but i found recently there a few 70runner tournaments for like $10,11,12 dollars and the payout is quiet nice:):)

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rakebackblogger

This is just a simple idea but may be worth following

Why don’t you stayin his weekend, therefore saving another $100, then you will have a $200 dollar bankroll, lodge it onto betfair and utilise a rakeback deal ( even though my username is rakebackblogger I dont actually have a rakeback site!) and start playing the 20nl games there (pick one of the smaller sites with a rakeback offer as they have the fishier players compared to full tilt). Within 2 months if your any way competent at 6 max cash games you will grow this into 2k (this will include sign up bonus and rakeback)

Just a thought…Best of luck at whatever you decide..

I grew my bankroll that way. I wont lie I'm only a marginal winning player 4bb/100 at 50nl so im a rakeback grinding sob, but at least the bankroll consistently grows month on month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

The answer to your question depends on a number of factors,

1) If you bust this 100$, can you reload?
    2) Do you plan to withdraw money?
    3) How many hours a week can you play?
    4) Ablity multi-tabling?

site i would recommend would be pokerstars,

you could grind out the 180man 4.4$, and the lower stakes 18man, 45mans, i am pretty sure these run as low as a dollar

number of buyins shouldn't be on your mind too much, if you can reload don't play anything >10$, stars run 1$ rebuys which will be great value too

in saying that i wouldn't leave the games 10$ games until you have 300-400$

then move up and practice more cautious bankroll management but then again if it doesn't affect you going broke and trying again then there is no problem gambling it up a little bit

but at a certain stage you have to decide to practice proper bankroll management

i'm quite a bankroll nit and will not play a game unless i have 200buy-ins, however if i believe i have a significant edge in a game i will happily put 10% maybe even more taking a shot knowing i can just grind it back up.

GL

Advertisement