Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss of bosses killed...

Options
  • 17-12-2009 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Things get nastier in Mexico...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8417531.stm

One of Mexico's most-wanted drug lords has been killed in a shoot-out with state security forces.

Arturo Beltran Leyva and four alleged members of his cartel died in a raid by troops on a flat in Cuernavaca, just south of Mexico City.

Meanwhile, the severed heads of six policemen were found near a church in the north of the country, police said.

They said the beheadings in Durango state were a revenge attack by the Gulf cartel for the killing of 10 gang members last week....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Things are worse than I thought down there, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,402 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Now if this happened in Kerry, they'd be mourning the passing of a gentle people-loving kind soul.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Ya gotta admire the old style head on a pike though. Now they should catpault the heads to the enemy lines to instill fear in their hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Now if this happened in Kerry, they'd be mourning the passing of a gentle people-loving kind soul.

Ahh..
    The other thread is leaking..
    I hate it when that happens.. Never a plumber around either.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I think I'm going to hold onto that link for the next time some howling reactionary cretin claims that "CRIME IN IRELAND IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!!111oneoneone"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Didn't know there were any drugs left in Mexico after Lil Wayne was sent in.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/dea_recruits_lil_wayne_to_use_up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

AND they start the swine flu...scumbags !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,402 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Ahh..
    The other thread is leaking..
    I hate it when that happens.. Never a plumber around either.
    :p

Wha, the threads are to kept independent of each other? What f-wit made up THAT rule??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Do you reckon the wife or partner of a drug lord is called a drug lady? It's something I've often wondered.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

stovelid wrote: »
    Do you reckon the wife or partner of a drug lord is called a drug lady? It's something I've often wondered.
    don't be ridiculous they have more than one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Things get nastier in Mexico...
    Back in 2008 http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/09/world/americas/09mexico.html
    The number of gangland killings reached 5,376 from the beginning of the year until Dec. 2, a 117 percent increase over the 2,477 killings in the same period in 2007, Mr. Medina-Mora said in a luncheon meeting with foreign correspondents.

The bulk of the killings have occurred in the border states of Chihuahua and Baja California, where traffickers have sought to wipe out rivals on the streets of Juárez and Tijuana, and in Sinaloa, where one of the country’s most powerful cartels has its base.

Taking on the cartels that supply most of the illegal drugs consumed in the United States has been a frustrating exercise for Mexico. Officials complain that the guns the criminals use are coming from the United States and that the billions of dollars in drug profits have corrupted many institutions in Mexico.

The attorney general’s office itself recently found that numerous officials in its organized crime unit were working for traffickers, receiving cash payments to tip off the cartels about impending raids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

stovelid wrote: »
    Crime lady, war lady... war lady - I like that. :)

Advertisement