Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party or Everest

Options
  • 17-12-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Right, I'm going to move networks for a short while until OnGame get their act together.

At the moment the two strong possibilities are Everest and Party. I'd like to hear from people who play these games.

I will be playing 100NL, putting in between 10k-25k hands a month.
    I may consider moving up to 200NL and playing less tables.

What I know so far:
    1) Both have a similar sign up bonus offer. $500. If anyone knows of better please let me know.
    2) Neither offer any rakeback.
    3) Both offer loyalty schemes. From what I've read, the Everest scheme would be the better one. If someone can advise me based on the lowish amount of hands I put in I would be grateful.
    4) Both have highly regarded software. I didn't like the Everest tables at first glance, but I'm sure I could get used to them. Are Party tables fully resizeable?
    5) Both are very fishy. On reading reviews, Everest seems to be the softer. Opinions?

Any other things to consider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Just downloaded Party and had a quick look there. Yes, tables are resizeable.

One thing I did notice is that the majority of 6 max 100NL and 200NL is been played on these Jackpot tables. What's the story with those?
    I have a feeling I recall something about them being higher rake...why are they so popular.

Cheers for the the PMs guys. Decision made.
    /thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

What did you decide?

zuutroy wrote: »
    What did you decide?

Gonna try Everest.

Good start. Currently running at 445bb/100 after 26 hands :)

Not sure I like the buttons though. It needs a half pot bet as well. Also, you cant click it and then modify.
    i.e. what I always did on OnGame is click either the half pot or full pot and adjust via the slider. I miss that ability.

Software isn't great but you get used to it and it never drops. I always type bets in. Slider is an RSI waiting to happen!

• Advertisement

Software isn't great but you get used to it and it never drops. I always type bets in. Slider is an RSI waiting to happen!

ya, might start typing in bets all right. Already had problems with the slider.

Not finding the players all that soft yet.... only one guy across the two tables playing more than 40vpip.
    Can't table select yet as of yet as I know nothing about any of the players.

Its not great until about 5-6pm CET on weekdays. After that and on weekends the monkeyhouse doors open.

btw, there's not a hidden buddy system either is there?

Nah no buddy system. Just know that when you see search.dog and burning.spear (without the dots) you've hit the jackpot!

Its not great until about 5-6pm CET on weekdays. After that and on weekends the monkeyhouse doors open.

ah, I see. That's pretty perfect. I will be playing mostly between 4pm - 7pm here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

Its not great until about 5-6pm CET on weekdays.

what would you say is the best time for stars during the week?

Not sure really...Stars hates me so I never put a ton of volume in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Yeah 5-7pm on weekdays is prime fishing time on Everest. 25nl is especially crazy. It can be hit or miss at other times. For example, I played on Monday evening and it was a regfest. I hope the word hasn't got out too far among the poker community. :(

By the way, anyone playing 25 or 50nl want to share hand histories?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

pkaces wrote: »
    what would you say is the best time for stars during the week?

9PM - 1AM usually was good

fatguy wrote: »
    I hope the word hasn't got out too far among the poker community. :(

I don't think it will ever get as bad as most places. The combination of no direct rakeback, software that takes some getting used to and the steady stream of fish due to them sponsoring the WSOP broadcasts in France, Italy, Belgium etc
    means it should continue to be ok. Summer time can be bad as all the euro-donks tend to be outdoors for July and August.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

jimbling wrote: »
    What I know so far:
    1) Both have a similar sign up bonus offer. $500. If anyone knows of better please let me know.

I only see a $200 signup bonus for everest?
    I think i might give Everest a shot also, although ipoker will remain my main site :/
    Have you tried the Everest handgrabber for datamining?

fatguy wrote: »
    Yeah 5-7pm on weekdays is prime fishing time on Everest. 25nl is especially crazy. It can be hit or miss at other times. For example, I played on Monday evening and it was a regfest. I hope the word hasn't got out too far among the poker community. :(

By the way, anyone playing 25 or 50nl want to share hand histories?

Will hopefully be playing 25nl as my normal game in a few weeks. Crushing 10nl in a silly way on this site. I have a few "buddies" who I find every now and again to donate to the fund which is good going.

Took a shot at 25nl on Mon and Tues evening, Monday was definitely nowhere near as maniac as 10nl, Tuesday showed good signs though. As I said, few more weeks of constant winnings at 10nl, and I'll be up there to swap hands with you as much as you like!

I only see a $200 signup bonus for everest?
    I think i might give Everest a shot also, although ipoker will remain my main site :/
    Have you tried the Everest handgrabber for datamining?

There's only a $200 signup on the site itself, if you sign up through an affiliate you can get up to $500.
    I messed up my signup though and only got a $300 bonus. Damn cookies :mad:

Ya, should really start datamining now all right, but there are some obstacles in the way.

Well, I've had a great start anyway. To be honest I would say it's just a combination of playing well and a good run as I haven't come up against that many donaters. I have mainly being playing regs, but a few bad ones cropped up. Hopefully I will get more play time at peak hours next week.

graphEV_12.jpg

Stats_3.jpg

Think the bb/100 is sustainable? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Think the bb/100 is sustainable? :pac:

Hey folks im a bit of an online cash newbie what does this stat repersent, cheers.

• Advertisement

big blinds won per 100 hands played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Looking to sign up to Everest, anyone know any good offers?

100% to $300 is the usual. Have heard of $500 but I think that might be all or nothing within a month but I'm not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

Any idea on the amount of hands to clear $500 bonus at Everest? (100nl)

edit. Just worked it out at around 16k hands at 100nl... Not bad

Would say its easy enough, took me 17k at 10nl! ($200 bonus)

Just cleared the $300 bonus on Everest.
    Took me 10k hands. I ran at 7.83bb/100.

The bonus worked out around 40% RB. But now that that's finished I am not going to be getting any RB at all. The site is pretty soft, would like to stay, but not sure if it is a big enough difference between that and onGame to make up for the lack of RB.

I've heard a few people mention RB on Everest but can't find anything about it. If anyone knows how, please let me know by pm.

I've heard a few people mention RB on Everest but can't find anything about it. If anyone knows how, please let me know by pm.

+1

Summit points club explanation too. I'm not very good at this

No RB on Everest. Summit club explanation on their site is about as good as it gets. I think RTR have a decent explanation too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's ridic soft, I still have $200 bonus left to clear thankfully but after that not sure what I will do.

• Advertisement

I think at the micros it's far and away the best bet even without RB. The actual rake taken is lower than most of the other sites too.

Advertisement