Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 is not a magic number for Opera users

Options
  • 17-12-2009 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if its just my version of opera

Version 9.51
    Build 10081

Win 32 Vista

But the flash ad from mobile operator 3 causes the browser to slow to almost the point of freezing. If I hit close it will after about 20 seconds the other pages that might be open are unusable until the page with the 3 ad closes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

mike65 wrote: »
    Dunno if its just my version of opera

Version 9.51
    Build 10081

Win 32 Vista

But the flash ad from mobile operator 3 causes the browser to slow to almost the point of freezing. If I hit close it will after about 20 seconds the other pages that might be open are unusable until the page with the 3 ad closes.

I had the same kind of problem with the square-ish PS3 ad at the bottom in I think the PS3 forum on 3 different laptops running Opera and Vista. Running 64 bit in Windows 7 is fine though. Doubt this helps, just thought I'd mention for the devs you're not the only one having trouble with the ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Does it happen with browsers other than Opera?

What version(s) of Flash Player exhibit the symptoms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Typicaly no page is showing a 3 ad this lunchtime. :)

When I spot one I'll get back to you.

The similair ads from Vodafone and O2 are not having the same effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I use Opera and I just block ads if they annoy me. Right-click on a blank area of the browser window, select Block Content from the pop-up menu, click on the offending ad and you should be all set.

Oh I did that but then realised it would rob boards of income (not that I ever click a phone ad anyway) and would make it harder to fix any problem. So I found a blocked example of a 3 ad and unblocked it.

Still no stumbles though. Maybe it was just one of those things...

• Advertisement

Bump, here is the ad thats causing the problem.

StickyFlashAd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

OK. Cool.

And what version of Flash are you running?

version 10.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement