Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eco-friendly on St Andrews st.?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Stumped for the life of me, but is that new eco-friendly shop on the corner of St Andrews and Trinity St (across from Trinity Barber, Trocodero etc, down from Siam Thai) called Eco-house or Green House?
    Just back from there yesterday and can't remember what it was called, but there's a home beer-brewing kit there I've got my eye on... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Hi guys,
    Stumped for the life of me, but is that new eco-friendly shop on the corner of St Andrews and Trinity St (across from Trinity Barber, Trocodero etc, down from Siam Thai) called Eco-house or Green House?
    Just back from there yesterday and can't remember what it was called, but there's a home beer-brewing kit there I've got my eye on... :)

It is The Greenhouse, St Andrew St, Dublin 2 part of it used to be the cultivate centre.

Is it the iBrew kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

Irish Halo wrote: »
    It is The Greenhouse, St Andrew St, Dublin 2 part of it used to be the cultivate centre.

Is it the iBrew kit?

Yes and Yes! Thanks Halo :) I ruined the iBrew surprise asking the other half if he'd be interested in it (he is)... just have to get up the 80 euro now and he'll be in home brew heaven.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Yes and Yes! Thanks Halo :) I ruined the iBrew surprise asking the other half if he'd be interested in it (he is)... just have to get up the 80 euro now and he'll be in home brew heaven.

i bought it for the OH for his birthday in november. it is currently brewing away, he was like a child when he seen it.:)

you can order it online at www.gifts.ie , free post and packaging

irishbird wrote: »
    i bought it for the OH for his birthday in november. it is currently brewing away, he was like a child when he seen it.:)

If that isn't a ringing endorsement! When I waved the brochure under his nose he made this high-pitched sound of delight... oh lord.

Question for you, since you're currently using this: we're in a dinky little apartment –*are there any smell / safety issues I need to keep in mind? Last thing I need is smelly wort explosions in a place like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hi, I'm the OH it was bought for :)

No smell or safety issues at all, I had it fermenting in my bedroom and you wouldn't even know it was there.

It's been bottled up since Tuesday, and no explosions yet either.

All the parts are plastic too.

Go for it, it's the best present I've gotten a long time.

• Advertisement

one small thing - how big is your fridge

you have to the 20 pint container in the fridge:)

Des wrote: »
    Hi, I'm the OH it was bought for :)...

Go for it, it's the best present I've gotten a long time.

one small thing - how big is your fridge
    you have to the 20 pint container in the fridge:)

lol, thanks guys! We've got a smallish American style fridge, but with a few shelves out (who needs FOOD when beer's on the way?) we should be able to fit it all in. Does it need the three full weeks in the fridge or is it just part of the process?

I'll head back to The Greenhouse tomorrow and pick it up (if it's in stock) :D

lol, thanks guys! We've got a smallish American style fridge, but with a few shelves out (who needs FOOD when beer's on the way?) we should be able to fit it all in. Does it need the three full weeks in the fridge or is it just part of the process?

I'll head back to The Greenhouse tomorrow and pick it up (if it's in stock) :D

i have been told it just needs a few days in the fridge before you can drink it :)

i have been told it just needs a few days in the fridge before you can drink it :)

Deadly, I'm sold. Thanks so much!:D

Advertisement