Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

As a Chargers fan i was on the edge of my seat for that final drive. Brilliant finish. Kaeding makes it look so easy. And that 60 yarder they showed in practice. Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

JaMarcus Russel - What a hero ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Well, well, well, if it isn't a game winning TD from Jamarcus Russell :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

davyjose wrote: »
    Well, well, well, if it isn't a game winning TD from Jamarcus Russell :D

(Warning cliché ahoy)

Its got to be why the NFL is so great. The guy is dirt for pretty much his entire career but still has one of those memorable 4th Q TD throws to win the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

YES!

get in there. Go pack go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

JR 2nd game winning comeback TD this season, he should have had a 3rd against the chargers as well but our D blow it. It seems that's all he is good for.

themont85 wrote: »
    (Warning cliché ahoy)

Its got to be why the NFL is so great. The guy is dirt for pretty much his entire career but still has one of those memorable 4th Q TD throws to win the game.

of course, it probably means JMR will get his starting place back :D

cooker3 wrote: »
    YES!

get in there. Go pack go!

Not over yet - big Ben with almost 500yards :eek:

Wow.

TD Steelers!

:(

• Advertisement

503 Yards, 3 TD.

F*cking hell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Great final drive by Ben... that win keeps the Giants in the hunt for a wild card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jaysus

Five hundred and Three Fcuking yards In One Game!!!!!!

Impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Russell is still **** and i still hopes Al cuts his ass. He was lucky he didnt have enough time to **** it up entirely.

Delighted with the win. D was great and Running game was outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravens win! :D

Jaguars, Miami and Denver all lose.
    Ok Steelers won but it realy couldn't have gone much better for the Ravens in the AFC.
    Bengals lost too but I don't classify that as so important even if it is the AFC North

Now 5th seed in the AFC with games at Pittsburgh and Oakland

Have to disagree matey, This is a very exciting 6pm batch considering how it affects playoff contention

Also, I cant belive the Titans fell asleep in the 4th quarter!

There was 1 competitive looking game. Miami and Tennessee and when I typed this Miami were 15 points behind and it looked over.
    2 games involving teams who were already out. 2 games involving near guaranteed play-off teams against very poor teams in Buffalo and Detroit and finally Jets vs Atlanta which judging by scoreline was pretty dull.

Considering there is usually 8-10 games going on and 3-4 which look like good match-ups. I think my statement is pretty accurate.

Russell is still **** and i still hopes Al cuts his ass. He was lucky he didnt have enough time to **** it up entirely.

Delighted with the win. D was great and Running game was outstanding.

Just a ickle credit? No...:D

"He looked like Johnny U out there!"

Anyway pretty gutted obviously. You could just sense how that last drive went, converting 4th down, 3rd and 19 that it was going to happen but losing is not the end of the world. If we are lose then I'd rather it to an AFC team for the tie-break and we still have control of our own destiny. Next week at home to the Seahawks, couldn't have a more ideal game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

themont85 wrote: »
    Just a ickle credit? No...:D

"He looked like Johnny U out there!"

Not a scrap of credit. not an inch. the guy made a few throws which were just basic throws nothing major. Until he shows some commitment to the team, some dedication to justifying his wildly inflated pay cheque then he doesn't deserve any credit.

• Advertisement

Lovie Smith, Ron Turner and Jerry Angelo will be the luckiest three men outside Nick Folk to have jobs come the second week in January. The Bears stink and their offense is horrendus.

Anyone with a link for the Vikes game - no luck with atdhe (PM Please)

Cheers

cooker3 wrote: »
    Anyway pretty gutted obviously. You could just sense how that last drive went, converting 4th down, 3rd and 19 that it was going to happen but losing is not the end of the world. If we are lose then I'd rather it to an AFC team for the tie-break and we still have control of our own destiny. Next week at home to the Seahawks, couldn't have a more ideal game.

The Cowboys' two last games are against Divisional rivals, Eagles may still be going for home field advantage.

The Giants have to win out from here to have any chance. there best hope is for Cowboys to lose due to their head to head.

It looks like Packers and Cowboys from the NFC at the moment.

The Vikings appear to be running out of steam. Desperate offensive performance by the Vikes. a third of their yardage came after the game was over, and they threw an INT anyway. Poor.

On the other hand, fair balls to Moore, who had a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

What a great day, eh? Lots of tight games, and the upset tonight by the Panthers. Who'd have thought that the Eagles would end up so close to the Vikings???

If the Jets had pulled the finger out and held on at the end of the game, I would've been one happy camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Hynzie wrote: »
    Were not dead yet. If Philly can beat the Cowboys in week 17 and we win out we could get a wildcard. The only thing is now with the Saints losing the Vikings might have some incentive to play hard against us in two weeks. It will be tough but we have a chance. Keep the faith!

Thats the problem, we wont win out, the game last night with the vikings was pretty much loose loose for us. Vikings win then there right behind the saints with the tie breaker in there favour, loose and the panthers have loads of confidence coming into the game with us next week. And thats assuming we somehow manage to overcome the redskins away from home!

Also considering how the panthers limited AP to 35yards rushing and 10yards receiving (excluding that 63yard pass when they were 3scores up) we will struggle to run the ball against them, and may struggle to pass against them. They also had 130yards rushing against the Williams wall without DeAngelo Williams for 3/4 of the game.

It don't look good for the Giants. Need results to go nearly perfect for us from here on in, Saints to beat TB, Vikings to beat Chicago, Philli to lose to the Bronchos, Packers to lose Seahawks (HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa) and Washington to beat Cowboys. Oh and the small matter of us beating Carolina. Not asking for much are we?

And just think if those dam saints had beaten the cowboys how much easier these calculations would have been!

Regards
    Ian

Thats the problem, we wont win out, the game last night with the vikings was pretty much loose loose for us. Vikings win then there right behind the saints with the tie breaker in there favour, loose and the panthers have loads of confidence coming into the game with us next week. And thats assuming we somehow manage to overcome the redskins away from home!

Also considering how the panthers limited AP to 35yards rushing and 10yards receiving (excluding that 63yard pass when they were 3scores up) we will struggle to run the ball against them, and may struggle to pass against them. They also had 130yards rushing against the Williams wall without DeAngelo Williams for 3/4 of the game.

It don't look good for the Giants. Need results to go nearly perfect for us from here on in, Saints to beat TB, Vikings to beat Chicago, Philli to lose to the Bronchos, Packers to lose Seahawks (HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa) and Washington to beat Cowboys. Oh and the small matter of us beating Carolina. Not asking for much are we?

And just think if those dam saints had beaten the cowboys how much easier these calculations would have been!

Regards
    Ian

I know its not looking good, and at the moment the Giants look like missing out.

But I think if the Ginats win out (big ask i know) they will have a great chance to get a wild card.

Dallas final two games are @ Wasington and Eagles home (who may still be going for home field advantage, if Vikings mess up). A loss for Dallas in either game combined with a 3W streak for the giants will mean Giants get a wild card.

Giants should just focus on winning out, and see how the rest plays out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Bucking terrible week, those bucking Broncos ! they don't deserve a wild-card game after that, they even made Russell look good, I still can't believe it ! Fair play to the Raiders, they've shown some improvement over the last few weeks. Imagine after week 6, we were 6-0, Chargers were 2-3, and were calling for Norv's head ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Dallas final two games are @ Wasington and Eagles home (who may still be going for home field advantage, if Vikings mess up). A loss for Dallas in either game combined with a 3W streak for the giants will mean Giants get a wild card.

Giants should just focus on winning out, and see how the rest plays out.

Exactly. We have the tie breaker over Dallas so if we win out its not over. Dallas have two games against division opponents in which to sh1t the bed. Of course this all may be moot if we stink it up against the Skins tonight but its good to have a chance. I would have taken this after the Denver loss.

• Advertisement

Gotta say, i think the Giants are finished. Dallas won't drop the ball from here, I believe. Too much momentum gained from that Saints game. And Philly could end up with the bye, the way things are going.

Advertisement