Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (17/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Temp down to 4C here now (was 8C at six pm).

But the DP has gone from 0 up to 4C :confused:

Edit : DP is back to 0 again, looks like it was just an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Temp down to 4C here now (was 8C at six pm).

But the DP has gone from 0 up to 4C :confused:

Edit : DP is back to 0 again, looks like it was just an error.

Hey maquiladora how are you finding the current DP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Umm my website is getting hammered with visits, seems the interest in weather has increased.

1.2c currently with a DP of 0.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

Temp dropped a bit further..

Temperature: 2.1 °C
    Dew Point: 1.8 °C

Also a very small red dot on the "will it rain today" radar, not far for here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Saturday could be epic for the southern half of the country as the temp drops when the showers reach us.

Best of luck to all in the East tonite.

• Advertisement

francosp wrote: »
    Hey maquiladora how are you finding the current DP ?

Lucky enough to be about 250m away from a small weather station that uploads its data online. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

dedon wrote: »
    Saturday could be epic for the southern half of the country as the temp drops when the showers reach us.

SAY WHAT?!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

very very light snow/hail shower here,trim

edit] lasted about 40 sec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

leahyl wrote: »

Showers won't hit hear until later in the evening. It will be cold here then so it could be snow.

no?

Showers won't hit hear until later in the evening. It will be cold here then so it could be snow.

no?

Thats what we are hoping yeah.

• Advertisement

Thats what we are hoping yeah.

Woohoo!!

A friend of my mums just came to the house there and she was like "oh yeah we'll get snow but it will be wet"! I was like "be quiet"!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

YOU HEARD!

Looks like a snow/sleet shower moving in over Wexford town on the radar...

Temp dropping as is dp here.

Now air 1.6c
    dp 0.1c

partly cloudy.

will the showers reach us though and will they fall as snow? time will tell!

Just looked at video forecast with Frances Wilson on Sky News website and the east of England looks like it's gonna be plastered in snow tonight! Come on - roll on over here!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temp 4.9C dp -0.7C i think something very light may be falling..

Just looked at video forecast with Frances Wilson on Sky News website and the east of England looks like it's gonna be plastered in snow tonight! Come on - roll on over here!:D

we have very little chance in cork from the east..look west and north woman!

Snow showers hitting Wexford by the latest radar...

Listening to Dublin Air Traffic Control to see if there are any weather updates relayed to the incoming/outgoing planes.
    :D

we have very little chance in cork from the east..look west and north woman!

Yes i know i'm stupid - you should know that by now! And also i'm not a meteorologist!:D

• Advertisement

Yes i know i'm stupid - you should know that by now! And also i'm not a meteorologist!:D

you're not?! and i watching your posts religiously looking for a snow sign!

will the showers reach us though and will they fall as snow? time will tell!

What the models show is a band of precipitation that would pass down over the country, not showers. The south might do well out of it because as the night goes on, it would be getting colder, so by the time the band reaches the midlands/south then it would certainly be cold enough for it to fall as snow. Timing is the thing. Probably wont know for sure till Sat morning.

Wet snow falling here now.
    1.6c/0.3c

you're not?! and i watching your posts religiously looking for a snow sign!

HAHA! Yes well you'd be forgiven for thinking that i am with my vast knowledge of charts and such....!!:D

Still too 'mild' here...

6C
    DP 1C

What the models show is a band of precipitation that would pass down over the country, not showers. The south might do well out of it because as the night goes on, it would be getting colder, so by the time the band reaches the midlands/south then it would certainly be cold enough for it to fall as snow. Timing is the thing. Probably wont know for sure till Sat morning.

but is it not the showers after the band of precipitation is the most likely for snow? yeah it will probably be saturday before we have a better idea.

Wexford/Rosslare harbor could be in for some decent spells by the look of the latest radar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Light snow falling here in north Kilkenny - about 5 miles north of the city as the bird flies.

but is it not the showers after the band of precipitation is the most likely for snow? yeah it will probably be saturday before we have a better idea.

You can see it there on this chart for midnight on Saturday :
    http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfs-2-60.png?12

Hopefully the next run in an hours time will look as good :pac:

• Advertisement

Min wrote: »
    Light snow falling here in north Kilkenny - about 5 miles north of the city as the bird flies.

Not bad for showers on coastal fringes eh? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement