Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (17/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

18Z GFS getting out to Saturday now...

Looking very similar to the 12Z so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

our met eireann certainly don't rely on those charts!

Who cares!! Met Eireann - meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm no meteorologist but that chart looks good to me!!

they look good alright but unlikely! i'd love to see your reaction when it does snow(see optimism)!

our met eireann certainly don't rely on those charts!

They just give a general idea, you can't rely on them 100% cause they dont take local conditions into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Anyone know what Glencullens like ATM & maybe predict what it'll be like in the morning plz??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

still going here lightly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Hi Mary,

Looks like you were singled out in Edenderry by the showers. The below shower did well to stray inland to you. I presume it travelled down the M4:D

99270.jpg

Is that happening now Wolf,'caus if it is there is a big red blob over me in Clane but nothing happening at the moment???:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I didn't think it was disappointing at all. Just the right mix of "heads up" and "maybe". :pac:

True, but she gave no indication of possible disruption and snow fall amounts that could fall over the weekend. I can see the radio shows tomorrow and over the weekend saying 'we weren't warned....' etc etc. Maybe tis because I am missing any of this evenings showers, I'm hyper critical. On a related note, what the heck was jean byrne wearing??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

As for Saturday will start as rain in Connacht, Munster but big temperature falls will arrive with the front and might get ahead of it, looks like it could be a very active front.

Best place for it to be all snow is the east and northeast but i would a good wack of the country will get at least 1hr or 2hrs of snow as the front moves south dying a little as clears.

GFS still giving us a snow event at 54 hours, no change from the 12Z.

• Advertisement

they look good alright but unlikely! i'd love to see your reaction when it does snow(see optimism)!

Oh believe me i'd be dangerous! LOL!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Lucky feckers in SE england:mad:

IMG_9391.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Snowing in Finglas, Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Birdnuts wrote: »
    2cm of snow here on the ground near Kill Village ATM:)

So from reports on the ground, those red blobs do seem to be fairly accurate - apart from the one that didn't blob on me. That means there is quite a lot of snow shower activity brewing up on the Irish Sea at the moment. Looks like its intensifying rather than dying out. So we could be in for a significant snow event in the east after all:)

forkassed wrote: »
    Lucky feckers in SE england:mad:

IMG_9391.jpg

Oh my god.....HEAVEN ON EARTH! Lucky feckers!

18Z GFS getting out to Saturday now...

Looking very similar to the 12Z so far.

on nw they think it shows ireland getting a spell of snow. when is the chart met eireann rely ecmwf rely on issued again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Even Met eireann are getting caught up in the excitement by disregarding the importance of spelling and putting strong emphasis on tomorrow! :D
    2igk37r.png

Pangea wrote: »
    Even Met eireann are getting caught up in the excitement by disregarding the importance of spelling and putting strong emphasis on tomorrow! :D
    2igk37r.png

yes i think they lost the run of themselves there!LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Snow looks to be on the cards for sat night according to the latest gfs chart
    99272.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Right, I'm in Celbridge and judging by the radar on rain today, I should be covered in snow, but there are a few hailstones on the car and that's about it. Hope it starts soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

just started again here in D15 :D

yep it will be snowwwwwwwwww by saturday especially for all their viewers in cork!

WolfeIRE wrote: »

AAAW no from that it looks like Cork may only get sleet:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Pangea wrote: »
    2igk37r.png

lol, I was too shocked at the 0C inland to notice, they must have been too....

on nw they think it shows ireland getting a spell of snow. when is the chart met eireann rely ecmwf rely on issued again?

The next ECM is the 0Z and that rolls out early tomorrow morning. Met Eireann use the HIRLAM model in the short range though.

leahyl wrote: »
    AAAW no from that it looks like Cork may only get sleet:(

yeah it will be marginal but its so far away at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The-Rigger wrote: »
    BBC Weather reporting 'heavy snow' for Dublin on Monday.

bbc.jpg

They have now changed it to 'sunny'.

lol

bbc1.jpg

lol

bbc1.jpg

Oh for gods sake:mad:!

The next ECM is the 0Z and that rolls out early tomorrow morning. Met Eireann use the HIRLAM model in the short range though.

and we can't see the HIRLAM model?

• Advertisement

lol

Those kind of city forecasts are absolutely useless for predicting snow, unless you live in Moscow. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement