Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (17/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Last post tonight. Goodnight and white dreams.

Temperature: 0.0 °C
    Dew Point: -0.3 °C

Still no snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

leahyl wrote: »
    There is no room for pessimism on this thread!! Yes it will snow in Waterford do not fear! HAHA
    No I'm not being pessimistic, it's just we rarely get snow in Waterford City.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

200motels wrote: »
    No I'm not being pessimistic, it's just we rarely get snow in Waterford City.

i know i was joking! And you're right you don't get snow often in Waterford and if you don't then we most definitely don't in Cork;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just got a nice little dusting of snow, ice rink outside

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

Snowy outlook until tuesday. Most prob sat eve/sun morn. Hope Sligo sees a bit on xmas eve. Hey has anyone seen the guinness ad yet or is it only on the radio?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Where is that?

Bray +60 m

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

irish1967 wrote: »
    Donegal Town. Calm freezing and dry. :(
    Chin up. :D I've just driven back from Dublin and there is white stuff laying on the road between Aughnacloy and Omagh. It's on the way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

pauldry wrote: »
    Snowy outlook until tuesday. Most prob sat eve/sun morn. Hope Sligo sees a bit on xmas eve. Hey has anyone seen the guinness ad yet or is it only on the radio?:rolleyes:

Seen the Guinness ad on Sky news after the weather feature.

pauldry wrote: »

I've seen the end of it on tv - but only once! There's seems to be a serious lack of christmas ads this year!! But at the rate the weather is going at the moment we won't need to see the guinness ad to see what a white christmas looks like!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

jenzz wrote: »
    Bray +60 m

:( Can you blow it down to greystones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

jaffa20 wrote: »
    :( Can you blow it down to greystones

ill stick it on the non existant road gritters down the windgates hill - dont fancy that in the morn !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

O M G if freaking snowing in Rathdrum. - Cute Little flurry's says the wife..

"oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful..........................and since we've no place to go...................................................................................LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!":D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Light snow falling on top of hail. South of Gorey, Co. Wexford and at 400'.

Wouldn't expect it to be there in the morning. 1.5 C outside.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

greysides wrote: »
    Light snow falling on top of hail. South of Gorey, Co. Wexford and at 400'.

Wouldn't expect it to be there in the morning. 1.5 C outside.

Cool if people are posting there details for snow and you wana get your hight above sea level , here is a cool site ,

http://www.earthtools.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

hey guys is any of this snow gona hit limerick tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Looks like I'll miss out here tonight in D11..

Still

Have Saturday to look forward to.. right.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

its been snowing here in enfield, a nice dusting of it indeed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

tony1212 wrote: »

Not tonight but maybe the weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

tony1212 wrote: »

Unfortunately not :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Heavy frost earlier here in Westmeath but is actually pretty mild outside now. No snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Just drove through Summerhill, a light dusting of snow. None in Trim.

Tactical wrote: »
    Unfortunately not :mad:

patience is what's needed - not something i have much of myself...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Slush and graupel/hail covering the ground in my part of Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

umm my temp is rising just went up .4c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭haines35

Love these posts,light snow and sleet in drogheda this evening,all gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Tomorrow

Tomorrow Friday will be a very cold day with frost persisting in places. Many areas will be dry and bright but wintry showers affecting northern coasts will spread further south into Ulster and Connacht during the afternoon and evening giving falls of sleet and snow there. Highest temperatures of only 2 to 5 degrees.

Outlook

It will be cold over the weekend and well into next week with very frosty nights. Some wintry showers at times, but good periods of dry weather also. Friday night will be very cold and frosty with some icy roads. Lowest temperatures zero to -6 C., - coldest over Munster and south Leinster. Some wintry showers of sleet and snow are likely too, mainly in northern half of the country. Saturday will dawn cold and frosty, but sunny spells will soon develop. But a spell of rain will develop over Ulster during the morning, and will push southwards in the afternoon and evening, giving some sleet in places. Some snow is likely later as it clears southwards, this early in the night in most places, especially so on high ground and mountains, but some at lower levels also. Saturday night will be very cold and frosty in its wake, with some icy roads. Some dry clear spells, but some further wintry showers will affect parts of Ulster and Connacht, north Leinster and west Munster, with some further snow in places. Lowest temperatures zero to -5 C. Sunday will be cold, bright and quite breezy, with sunny spells and occasional wintry showers, with these mainly affect the northern half of the country, and also western coastal counties. Very cold and frosty overnight with icy roads. Most places dry but some further wintry showers possible on northern and western coasts. Monday and Tuesday will be very cold days, with frosts early and late. Some sunny spells by day but scattered wintry showers also, with coastal counties of the west and north most at risk.

so this side of the country should see a bit of sneachta before the weekends out:D. though, it looks like we won't be in for a white christmas, but England might be due to a frontal event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

just watching bbc2 its about global warming,

it say Ireland will be snowed ta bits this week;)

fintonie wrote: »
    just watching bbc2 its about global warming,

it say Ireland will be snowed ta bits this week;)

What?! Are you exaggerating now Fintonie?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

light snow falling atm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement