Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (17/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

everyone gone to bed then?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭WorriedSick

bassy wrote: »
    everyone gone to bed then?.

I am still lurking!! On a Nightshift Til 6am in Dublin.. wishing for snow!!! :rolleyes:

looking at the charts london,luton,surrounding areas getting a nice bit of snow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

I love this forum. I remember staying up late last January when the snow came checking out boards.

Anyway I don't know what to believe. Here is BBC's take on the weather in Dublin (apologies to people outside of Dublin) over the next 5 days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/31

not a now flake in sight :(

does make you wonder where some people build up there exsdpectations from :rolleyes:

qwert2 wrote: »
    I love this forum. I remember staying up late last January when the snow came checking out boards.

Anyway I don't know what to believe. Here is BBC's take on the weather in Dublin (apologies to people outside of Dublin) over the next 5 days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/31

not a now flake in sight :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

lol! No.. very recently moved very high up in the Blue Stacks, and a huge panorama of sky etc up here; am fascinated by the cloud movement etc. Am concerned re the wee birds is all; wondering if this is normal in very cold weather.

As I am home all day every day....

As I have no technical expertise or equipment up here am listening here and watching here also. Matching sky and land to what the experts say here.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    You are not the famous Donegal postman are you? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Light snow here in Clane at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely light covering of snow here now with flakes drifting about in the wind, very seasonal.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Its started again,very light but its lovely:)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Sounded like hail five minutes ago on the window here in Malahide but when I looked out, bone dry. Bah humbug.

• Advertisement

holly1 wrote: »
    Its started again,very light but its lovely:)!!!

Another snowaholic ? ;) :pac:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Afraid so,I love this thread.I was here last Jan and enjoyed all the info from around the country.

There is more people who love snow,but wont admit it:rolleyes:.Its not the macho thing to do.
    I love snow :)!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

I love snow too (uber macho), nothing here but frost in Westmeath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

it stopped snowing here bout 3/4 in the mornin id say there is bout 6/8 inches even spread on the ground,

just heading out in it now of to work, its like being the first on the moon, no foot prints but yours on a surface no one has walked on before you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Light dusting of snow on the train platform in Enfield (Co. Kildare),

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Light dusting of snow in carlow. Looks lovely at the moment with lights on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

-2.1c here in Galway, No snow but very icy. I see Shannon Airport is down to -3c at the moment, while Gurteen is down to -4c:

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Take care on the roads this morning folks. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

temp is -5.1c here and clear not expecting it to rise above 0c today a bit worrying for saturday meto not forecasting any snow but have warning out and nw are predicting snow,..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Can someone tell me where i can keep an eye on the DP values at cork airport please.

T

• Advertisement

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where i can keep an eye on the DP values at cork airport please.

T

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Hover your mouse over the airport, the popup shows the current temp and dewpoint.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Some light snow showers here this morning.

Pretty chilly looking outlook from Met.IE this morning: :cool:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Saturday, will be mostly dry and bright to start with frost gradually clearing. However further wintry showers of sleet and snow will affect much of the northern half of the country later in the afternoon and early evening. Highest temperatures 2 to 6 degrees, with mainly moderate, occasionally fresh northwest winds.

Outlook

It will remain cold over the weekend and well into next week, with widespread frosty nights, icy stretches and freezing fog too. Further wintry showers, but longer drier spells too.

Starting off extremely cold on Sunday morning, with frost slowly clearing. Some lying snow from overnight is likely too, mainly across parts of Ulster, Connacht, north Leinster and west Munster, in particular over the higher ground here. The day will be cold, bright and breezy, with sunny spells and scattered wintry showers, mainly affecting western and northern counties. Feeling very raw, with highest temperatures just 1 to 4 degrees, and moderate to fresh northwest breezes. Very cold and frosty overnight with icy roads, with temperatures dipping well below zero across many areas. Mostly dry under clear skies, however a few wintry showers will occur along northern and western coasts.

The cold snap will continue into Monday and Tuesday with temperatures struggling to reach anymore than 2 or 3 degrees at most, with just light variable breezes. Wintry showers of sleet and snow will occur more widely, with some sunny spells developing at times too. Further severe frosts as well as freezing fog and icy conditions developing countrywide soon after dark.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Pretty chilly looking outlook from Met.IE this morning: :cool:

[/COLOR]

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

i doubt ulster will get above 1c today id change that max to -1c to 6 c:D

owenc wrote: »
    i doubt ulster will get above 1c today id change that max to -1c to 6 c:D
    The forecast for the 6c is for tomorrow, which seems reasonable due to the brief warmer airmass ahead of the front that is expected to move down from the north tomorrow evening. I hope you see some snow from it Owen. I doubt I will but I don't mind really!

The forecast for the 6c is for tomorrow, which seems reasonable due to the brief warmer airmass ahead of the front that is expected to move down from the north tomorrow evening. I hope you see some snow from it Owen. I doubt I will but I don't mind really!

no actually im worried now because meto are not forecasting the snow for us anymore nw are but bbc and meto are just forecasting rain. bbc weather said scotland would get snow and wed get rain:mad: they already got snow when they werent supposed to! Aswell as this meto are not forecasting snow for sunday either...

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

fintonie: where are you and do you have pics??

dbyrne wrote: »
    where are you and do you have pics??

state the name or we'll never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Snow/graupel in N Co Wexford and the roads are very slippy. I turned back for home. :eek:

Can't do the 4-hour drive to Dublin and 4-6hr drive home today like last time I got stuck up there. And not keen at all on having an accident. People follow too closely as a rule. Scary out there. So I came home.

Snow Day.

Off to Florida tomorrow. :) Hope the good ole (newish really) reliable Wexford Bus has no challenges at 5am and I'm glad someone else is driving!

Sneachta Ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

TV3 just showed footage during the 7:30am news of heavy rain on roads and also people driving in roads with snow etc. Typical of them they didnt say where it was or whether it was current or footage of previous weather conditions!
    Anyone else see that and pick up more than I did?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement