Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (17/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

a cold clear dry night for me here in the Midlands. I will await Saturdays event, but I am not optimistic.

And here in the west. Clear skies and temps beginning to plummet already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Temp in Sligo Town 7 c (pharmacy sign) which means it had a high today of 10 and has dropped 2 c in the last 30mins. Surely that must mean more than the evening is drawing in and the sun is gone!! Fingers broke from crossing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

doubled up bet on belfast also at same odds, 500 sobs, i feel it i really do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Snow caps in Glenmalure, starting to get some light "hail" in Rathdrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

GFS interesting on Monday night/Tuesday...bringing plenty of precip up from the south, but that looks like it might be rain to me? Marginal?

Will probably be gone on the next run anyway :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Snow /Sleet in Newbridge

Edit : Last about 20seconds lol

DP is up and down like a nuns knickers here.
    Back to +2c now which does not snow make.
    More sporadic bursts of hail as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone driving in Roundwoood/Annamoe/Laragh this evening be very careful on the roads, they are very slushy and slippery after the last hail/snow shower.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Raintoday.co.uk have just announced they are extending the precip type radar until 31st December :)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/information/precipitation_type_radar

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

when are things going to settle down and make these showers turn to snow at this rate its never going to snow or become frosty tonight!

owenc wrote: »
    when are things going to settle down and make these showers turn to snow at this rate its never going to snow or become frosty tonight!

I'll say you'll have more snow up there than any of us down south after this weekend! :pac:

DP is up and down like a nuns knickers here.

:D

My nun is keeping hers down. Falling down to 0.6c here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

3c here in Ennis. Down from 5c about 45 mins ago. A hard frost on the way tonight!

By the way, was checking for any vids of snow in Ireland and just spotted this. A bit wacky!! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olIlqytDI-4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

eskimocat wrote: »
    Temp in Sligo Town 7 c (pharmacy sign) which means it had a high today of 10 and has dropped 2 c in the last 30mins. Surely that must mean more than the evening is drawing in and the sun is gone!! Fingers broke from crossing them.
    uncross your fingers and see if there's a hardware store near that pharmacy! Get a shovel - it might just come handy over the weekend.
    **** all for us in the east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    3c here in Ennis. Down from 5c about 45 mins ago. A hard frost on the way tonight!

By the way, was checking for any vids of snow in Ireland and just spotted this. A bit wacky!! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olIlqytDI-4

thats funny it was only added today wired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Has been hailing lightly here for the past 20 mins or so in Enniskillen; bitterly cold here too!! Here's hoping for some snow over the weekend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brute75

Have had 40cm maybe a little more in South Stockholm in two days, of which 20cm came in about 3 hours last night. and its -6.1 degrees. Keep your fingers crossed you guys might get a dusting yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Starting to get interesting here! 3.8c now with the DP down to 1c :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

doubled up bet on belfast also at same odds, 500 sobs, i feel it i really do!

I doubt snow will fall Chrimbo day doesnt look likely although who knows!

Could be some snow on the ground though.

• Advertisement

12Z has a Christmas Day breakdown, 5 degrees and rain, bah!

Ah well, 192 hours out...plenty of time to change...

I think it could no evidence just gut, worth a punt, just need 1mm to fall not to stick for bet to be valid...

I doubt snow will fall Chrimbo day.

Have we been watching those corny Vodafone ads again WC?

I think it could no evidence just gut, worth a punt, just need 1mm to fall not to stick for bet to be valid...

Its looking to be cold right up to Christmas Eve at the moment, it wouldnt take much for the models to change a good bit and extend the cold past Christmas, then all ya need is a bit of luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Moderate hail in Dublin city centre again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Handy to keep an eye on the roadside weather data here

http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

Its looking to be cold right up to Christmas Eve at the moment, it wouldnt take much for the models to change a good bit and extend the cold past Christmas, then all ya need is a bit of luck ;)

Thats the plan:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Supercell wrote: »
    Anyone driving in Roundwoood/Annamoe/Laragh this evening be very careful on the roads, they are very slushy and slippery after the last hail/snow shower.

Whats it like there now SC? I have to drive from Bray to Roundwood in about 20 minutes. Might work from home tomorrow....!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

60 hrs looks even better. Widespread snow?

if only! will it be cold enough down south for it to snow? met eireann have it down to -6 here tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Been reading on the net its meant to get milder on CHRISTMAS DAY,
    how sickening is that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement