Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to......

Options
  • 17-12-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Onimusha_-_Warlords_Coverart.png

I was just thinking of games I used to love and remembered this.

I loved the first 3, couldnt really get on with the 4th, but what an excellent series.

Suprising that none of the next gen consoles didnt take on the series :(:(

I seen GAME selling PS2's for 40 euro, maybe buy 1 again just to replay some of these games :)

The cutscenes were absolutely incredible at the time,
    Anyone else with anything similar they're suprised hasn't been reinvented or brought to the next gens ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Ah ya absolutely brilliant. Onimusha was one of my favourite series of that console generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Oni 2 has to be one of my all-time favourite games. It was the right lenght, had great replay value. Combat system was a decent step up from the original
    Only problem I had with it were some of the peripheral characters.

Onimusha 4 was a mess.

Screw DMC, RE, SF and DR. Capcom need to revive this series:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

screw oni, i want a decent tenchu game again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Played through the one that was released on the Xbox (think it was an update of 2). Wasn't that impressed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I seen GAME selling PS2's for 40 euro, maybe buy 1 again just to replay some of these games :)
    is that the price for a brand new ps2 or a pre-owned ps2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Preowned I think,

Still a great deal though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I played the first three, they were excellent. The first game was one of the earliest PS2 games that I really enjoyed, the second had Gogandantess (the greatest swordsman of all the demons!) and the third had Jean Reno. The fourth didn't look like my cup of tea, so I passed.

The fact that I didn't have to look up Gogandantess name or catchphrase should say a lot...or maybe I'm just sad!

Advertisement