Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

not 'getting' an image

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Photographs never have real fealing. Fact.

:pac:

maybe thats the challenge for good photography - Robert frank could capture fealings - sometimes the Art world here champions people undeserving , but well connected if you get me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Crap, by 'fact' I meant 'I'm being completely, one hundred percent, whole heartedly sarcastic about the about statement'. Sorry 'bout that!

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Crap, by 'fact' I meant 'I'm being completely, one hundred percent, whole heartedly sarcastic about the about statement'. Sorry 'bout that!

oh ! - i thought you'd had a career transformation (didn't see the icon) :pac:

but seriously it is incredibly hard to capture really moving images , with flickr, cheap digital camera's, colourfull high res media devices , instead of becoming easier it has become more difficult - very very few images have the power to move (well me anyway )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

thebaz wrote: »
    but seriously it is incredibly hard to capture really moving images , with flickr, cheap digital camera's, colourfull high res media devices ,

Nah, most new DSLRs have HD Video. That means it's getting EASIER, not harder !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Oh how I wish I could thank posts on Boards Mobile...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

thebaz wrote: »

but seriously it is incredibly hard to capture really moving images , with flickr, cheap digital camera's, colourfull high res media devices , instead of becoming easier it has become more difficult - very very few images have the power to move (well me anyway )

I doubt it's harder to produce a moving image than 30/40/50 years ago. Very very few images had the power to move back then as well, it's just the ones that had are probably better known down the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Filtering over time + democratisation of photography. The difficulty is the same.

Covey wrote: »
    I doubt it's harder to produce a moving image than 30/40/50 years ago. Very very few images had the power to move back then as well, it's just the ones that had are probably better known down the years.

with digital its easy to become lazy and shoot , shoot , shoot - whereas back then film was expensive so taking an image required more effort & thought I would think - but your right to capture a really moving and emotional image has always been difficult film or digital - the thing about flickr , i meant was there is a lot more bland images to peruse than pre internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

it's sort of like music way back then - was way better than today!!!

seriously :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Noorderlicht interview with Jackie Nickerson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PTZPNojOZY&feature=player_embedded

• Advertisement
Advertisement