Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder

Options
  • 17-12-2009 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Does anyone know approx how much childminders in the Waterford area cost as I'm going back to work in the new year & the creches are very expensive & I'd basically be working just to cover the childcare expenses.
    The place I was putting her in is 40 euro per day, hopefully childminders are alot cheaper?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

make sure you contact childminding ireland first

http://www.childminding.ie/

but can can also check out this site

http://www.schooldays.ie/thread/childminding-rates-0904171650

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends on the age of the child too and if it is just for after school.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

The average is around €150 per week for a fulltime place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

for a full time creche?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Hi Bumbleroot, I have a childminder who minds babs in minders own house for approx 3.5 days a week and its €100, I provide all food and drop and collect him. If she does an extra half day its €20 each for that, so a full week (7.30am - 5pm) would be about €160.

I think the creches are about €150 - €170 pw, but I'm open to correction (those were the 2007-2008 prices when I enquired)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Moonbeam wrote: »
    for a full time creche?

For a childminder, that's the average according to the childcare committee.

Advertisement